MLB 2020-21 off season catch all

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Rey21 said:

Sox should do it and package Vaughn for a TOR arm that would vault them into Dodgers-Padres conversations but Jerry’s cheap so will never happen 

I would still put the Sox under them. The Padres/Dodgers are on a different tier due to the amount of quality depth they have both offensively and defensively. Even getting Ozuna + TOR arm, white sox depth is still so fragile. 

5 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Sox should do it and package Vaughn for a TOR arm that would vault them into Dodgers-Padres conversations but Jerry’s cheap so will never happen 

Any controllable TOR arm starts with a package including both Vaughn and Kopech.     

A team crying poor all the time, it's a move they would never make. 

Ozuna's situation is really interesting to me as I've pointed out numerous times in this thread.

The Rays apparently will only be IN on him if his contract demands drastically change, i.e. on a one year deal or something like that.

The Braves likelihood of acquiring ozuna diminished with no NL DH. Putting Ozuna in LF all year is not going to be pretty for them.

There's no other AL teams out there that need him to DH ... other than our White Sox.

If there is any inkling of interest from Ozuna and from the White Sox Front office, we should get it done. It doesn't need to be an overpay. 3-4 years contract should eliminate the Rays. 

It's not the best fit, but it sure as hell can work with us. As others have said, money would have been better spent on a quality SP, but Ozuna is quality for sure and hiss 15 mil or w.e. a year wouldn't break the bank for the future. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Any controllable TOR arm starts with a package including both Vaughn and Kopech.     

A team crying poor all the time, it's a move they would never make. 

It also would be self defeating. We are trying to create a decent enough sized window such that hopefully in one of those years they catch a few breaks and somehow turn it into a championship. If you give up Kopech and Vaughn, you are dramatically reducing the size of the window, especially given that ownership is militant about not spending in FA to address needs.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul isn't exactly a great idea for us.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

There's also no reason why we couldn't sign Ozuna and keep Vaughn. The best teams in the league are the best because they have massive amounts of depth. 

That too would be fine, Vaughn backing up Abreu or at DH would be pretty damn good too. You just gotta find a way to make it work, IMO it would give the Sox the best offense in baseball with a good enough pitching rotation to at least have a chance, as is they’d get curb stomped against the Dodgers/Padres 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Wow. This was posted only 3 hours ago it seems. I wonder if the reporter has any rumors/inside info or if he's just speaking out of his ass... if it's the later than he really doesn't understand the bullshit that the sox front office has been spewing out. 

I would *love* Ozuna. He's an elite level hitter. 

I don’t think this word means what you think it means.