MLB 2020-21 off season catch all

southsider2k5

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I guess if you had known the Sox would sign Eaton for $7M and Dahl would sign for $3M you might not have been as vehemently opposed to my desire to look into Dahl very seriously. There are reasons I made that suggestion.

I was vehemently opposed to signing Dahl? 

I certainly wanted a proven player like Springer but I don't recall being vehemently opposed. 

This was the only post I made about Dahl on this forum.

So no idea what you're talking about, you've got me confused with someone else. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I was vehemently opposed to signing Dahl? 

I certainly wanted a proven player like Springer but I don't recall being vehemently opposed. 

This was the only post I made about Dahl on this forum.

So no idea what you're talking about, you've got me confused with someone else. 

You are right and I am sorry for that . It was Two Gun Pete who I was arguing with over Dahl. My sincere apologies. I will delete the post where I said that about you.

2 hours ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Dahl for 7 million actually would've been better than Eaton at 7. Dahl at 3 million shows how stupid our FO is this offseason - whether it's Hahn, KW, JR or whoever else. And in an offseason like this, where there is penny pinching, they should've realized that they shouldn't have been first to the table for FAs. 

The Sox made it clear they signed Eaton because of his talent and his attitude. Eaton has talent if he is healthy and putting it together. His attitude that he brings to the table was important to them. It is a big gamble for sure, but it was their plan. 

2 hours ago, oldsox said:

Dahl was injured last season.  Shoulder.  I don't know if he will be able to go at the start of ST.  If not, that would decrease his value.

He obviously wouldnt have been available let alone signable at 3 million if it weren’t for injuries

2 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

The Sox made it clear they signed Eaton because of his talent and his attitude. Eaton has talent if he is healthy and putting it together. His attitude that he brings to the table was important to them. It is a big gamble for sure, but it was their plan. 

Eaton is legit if healthy but he may not be around every day. I don't mind if he is edgy. 

22 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

Would you guys have been ok with that deal with Dahl being our starting RF?

And if not, then Dahl isn’t taking that deal with us when he can take the same deal with another team and actually start. 

Not really, but I would have brought him in along with Eaton or whoever else we signed.  

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 2:17 PM, Vulture said:

Dahl is arb eligible through ‘23 with a baseline now of 3 million. No reason the Sox couldn’t or shouldn’t have beaten that if they are looking for production at a budget. Definition of a buy low signing. Good move for the Rangers though

Dahl is most likely concerned with playing time. No way he signs with us since it wouldnt be wide open.