MLB 2020-21 off season catch all

southsider2k5

28 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I know I’m one of the few who wants Richards, but it’s going to be immensely disappointing when he signs elsewhere because of Jerry’s cheapness.

I think if there was a poll about all the leftover SP and you only included pitchers who seem likely to get 1 year deals in the $5-10M range Richards might be at the top of that list . There's just a lot of choices and opinions. One choice is as likely to be as good or as bad as another.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Did we all forget that Joc Pederson is still a Free Agent? I haven't seen anyone mention his name in months.

I think someone mentioned him yesterday. If we don't sign Cruz, I would be cool with him being a DH against righties and then Eaton shifting to LF with Engel in RF and Eloy DH against lefties. Eaton isn't a blackhole against lefties compared to Joc.

Edited by manbearpuig

On 1/23/2021 at 7:56 AM, Dick Allen said:

The Angels aren’t giving up any decent pitchers.

This - they also are probably the place that makes the most sense for Bauer. If they are going to try with Trout - they are going to need to hit on a few big name free agents + obviously really see strong development from home grown players.  

6 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

This is a sneaky good deal, if you prorate his 2020 season, he was almost a 5 WAR player. Of course he’s not that good, but he should still a 2-3 WAR player on a team friendly deal for 2 years. On the Sox he would have made it a lot easier to move Madrigal.

Also frankly, it’s still crazy we jumped the gun to pay a worse player $7M at RF.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Did we all forget that Joc Pederson is still a Free Agent? I haven't seen anyone mention his name in months.

Talked to my buddy about that a couple days ago. It would be something if the Sox circled back to Joc and maybe his asking price dropped.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

cough Where Would He Play cough

DH and spell Eloy in LF.. Easy. Provides insurance for Eaton and Eloy as well for their almost guaranteed injuries.  And if one of Eaton or Joc suck, if Vaughn appears ready, he replaces them and relegates them to a bench spot. Really don't have to look that hard to see it's a great fit still.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

DH and spell Eloy in LF.. Easy. Provides insurance for Eaton and Eloy as well for their almost guaranteed injuries.  And if one of Eaton or Joc suck, if Vaughn appears ready, he replaces them and relegates them to a bench spot. Really don't have to look that hard to see it's a great fit still.

I would like it but if they want to promote Vaughn for most of the season, good luck making one of Eaton or Joc sit

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I would like it but if they want to promote Vaughn for most of the season, good luck making one of Eaton or Joc sit

Joc has been a platoon guy for quite a while so at least he's used to a non-everyday role. Also, if Eaton still stinks I think it would make the decision pretty easy. 

Edited by Sleepy Harold