MLB 2020-21 off season catch all

southsider2k5

3 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Not if they sign Springer. Trade Nimmo to the Sox, damnit

Then they'd have Conforto-Springer-Nimmo. The hope of trading for Nimmo was already contingent upon them acquiring a center fielder leaving them with an extra corner outfielder. If they didnt acquire a centerfielder, the odds of moving him would have been zilch. Now even if they do, a team would probably have to overpay to pry him away.

2 hours ago, Vulture said:

Then they'd have Conforto-Springer-Nimmo. The hope of trading for Nimmo was already contingent upon them acquiring a center fielder leaving them with an extra corner outfielder. If they didnt acquire a centerfielder, the odds of moving him would have been zilch. Now even if they do, a team would probably have to overpay to pry him away.

They’ll have a surplus if they sign Springer. Dom Smith will be a starter in 2021. I could see them dangle any of the 3 OFs they have.

1 hour ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I'm a little jealous of Mets fans right now. Oh, to have an owner that actually likes your team and fanbase. 

It's been a long time since long suffering Mets fans like myself (the Montreal Expos are my second favorite team, Mets third) can say that. 

While Paul Konerko is one of Jerry Reinsdorf's favorite players, his all time favorite, and the reason Jerry celebrates March 15th more than his birthday, is Adam LaRoche. 

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think you’re losing it fathom.  Under no circumstance is one year of Kris Bryant at $22M coming off a disaster of a season worth Kieboom or Robles.

I wouldn’t think so either, but if they do get Bryant, there’s no place for Kieboom (and he hasn’t looked good the last few years)

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I wouldn’t think so either, but if they do get Bryant, there’s no place for Kieboom (and he hasn’t looked good the last few years)

They would simply trade him elsewhere...they don’t just have to give him to the Cubs cause he would be blocked.