Jump to content
southsider2k5

MLB 2020-21 off season catch all

Recommended Posts

Just now, TomPickle said:

Ozuna and Colome went for about as much combined as Hendriks, Eaton, and Rodon. Very cool.

But the fire, they needed the fire...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fathom said:

Ozuna in RF would be a disaster

Would Engel in RF be worse than Collins at DH?

  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TomPickle said:

Would Engel in RF be worse than Collins at DH?

No thanks watching Engel play full time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

You put him in Right and let him look like a fool on defense... that bat though is something we’re only hoping Vaughn can replicate. 

You put him in RF and he would make Eloy look like a GG in LF.

Baseball also involves defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fathom said:

No thanks watching Engel play full time

Okay so sign Robbie Grossman instead of Eaton and you'd be at $1 million more than the Sox current payroll.

This is the exact type of deal that I was going to be mad about when Hendriks signed for big money. A great fit on this team for reasonable money and the Sox weren't in on him at all because they blew their wad on a closer.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We really had a chance to go the extra mile. This ownership is a disgrace. JR still aiming for 2nd place. When Lindor got traded I guess he really had to put the brakes on.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point last year, our pal, and Mr. Reliable himself, Hector Gomez was reporting the Sox were in on Puig......

 

Why not now? 

 

What if Hectors been playing us this whole time...its Puig he's been talking about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fathom said:

Ozuna in RF would be a disaster

So would not capitalizing on Grandal, Abreu, and Kuechel’s years here you just gotta deal with the bad defense because his bat makes up for it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scs787 said:

At this point last year, our pal, and Mr. Reliable himself, Hector Gomez was reporting the Sox were in on Puig......

 

Why not now? 

 

What if Hectors been playing us this whole time...its Puig he's been talking about. 

Puig is not getting interest from any MLB team, think about that, there is a reason for that.

  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to believe but Elvis Andrus is actually a few months younger than Khris Davis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand why Oakland did that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bmags said:

I don’t understand why Oakland did that

Yeah...why not just pay Semien the QO?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to get ridiculed for this, but i don't care. Money isn't always the primary factor playing into a free agent's decision. Many times, yes, it probably is. But not always. See: Zack Wheeler 2019-2020 offseason

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I am going to get ridiculed for this, but i don't care. Money isn't always the primary factor playing into a free agent's decision. Many times, yes, it probably is. But not always. See: Zack Wheeler 2019-2020 offseason

Two things. 
 

1. Zack Wheeler signed for 5/118 with the Phillies. But let’s say that offer never came in from the Phillies. So the Sox offered 125, and the next best offer is from the Yankees at 100 million. Where do you think he ends up? 
 

2. Again, Wheeler signed for 5/118. We don’t know how much the Sox offered, but let’s say it was 125. What if the offer was 140? 150? Does he still tell the Sox no, or does the extra 20-30 million get him to Chicago?

What we are saying basically comes down to semantics....but my point is I think in both cases, money DOES become the deciding factor and is the No. 1 decision...but when the difference between the two final offers were so small, the secondary stuff starts to weigh-in more. I don’t believe playing on the East Coast becomes that big of a talking point if the difference in offers was 20+ Million, and the Sox could have made that happen if they wanted. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Tony said:

Two things. 
 

1. Zack Wheeler signed for 5/118 with the Phillies. But let’s say that offer never came in from the Phillies. So the Sox offered 125, and the next best offer is from the Yankees at 100 million. Where do you think he ends up? 
 

2. Again, Wheeler signed for 5/118. We don’t know how much the Sox offered, but let’s say it was 125. What if the offer was 140? 150? Does he still tell the Sox no, or does the extra 20-30 million get him to Chicago?

What we are saying basically comes down to semantics....but my point is I think in both cases, money DOES become the deciding factor and is the No. 1 decision...but when the difference between the two final offers were so small, the secondary stuff starts to weigh-in more. I don’t believe playing on the East Coast becomes that big of a talking point if the difference in offers was 20+ Million, and the Sox could have made that happen if they wanted. 

I could argue my point more but it wouldn't do much without real numbers. I wish clubs would share their budgets and revenue incomes vs expenditures...then all this would become much more clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I am going to get ridiculed for this, but i don't care. Money isn't always the primary factor playing into a free agent's decision. Many times, yes, it probably is. But not always. See: Zack Wheeler 2019-2020 offseason

I agree...no way would I play in New York...just wouldn't.  I would just wait for the WS to come to the table.🙂

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

 

Thats alot of Met OF'ers. Wonder if Nimmo could be available? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flash said:

Thats alot of Met OF'ers. Wonder if Nimmo could be available? 

Probably not. Almora may platoon with him but I don't think he's starting that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×