Pitching Coach and Bench Coach

SoxBlanco

Alright, time to move on to our next hire.  Who will we hire to be the pitching coach? How about Bench Coach?

Harold was all over this.  He also hinted that Hahn didn't want TLR but was told he could have his choice as a pitching coach as a sort of "consolation". 

So who will it be?  

Edited by SoxBlanco

16 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Alright, time to move on to our next hire.  Who will be hire to be the pitching coach?

Harold was all over this.  He also hinted that Hahn didn't want TLR but was told he could have his choice as a pitching coach as a sort of "consolation". 

So who will it be?  

I'm betting that Hahn isn't going to be able to pick LaRussa's pitching coach. LaRussa probably has more power than Hahn at this point.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

he can bring in a slew of old cardinals just to further infuriate the cub media that has fomented the hate against this move

You don't have to be cub fan to hate the cardinals. If I wanted to attend a kkk rally I'd just go to a cardinals game. Probably listen to a TLR interview on the way.

Edited by Vulture

14 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I think Hahn will be able to name the pitching coach.  I haven't heard any names but would like to see it go to Hasler. 

Thanks for chiming in. Also, I really hope you're right in that this TLR hire means JR will be opening up the checkbook.

18 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

They almost have to have a young person as a bench coach if they have any care about a succession plan.

Not to have one would be unwise in this circumstance

I get why you say this but this is kinda overboard for me. There are plenty of managers they could plug in. Look at what Dusty just did. It's not like there's a bunch of proprietary stuff only he could know like the recipe of cocacola ors omething.

20 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

They almost have to have a young person as a bench coach if they have any care about a succession plan.

Not to have one would be unwise in this circumstance

This.  I fully expect an exciting up and coming bench coach who will take over for TLR in a couple years.  This guy isn't going to manage more than a couple seasons.