Buncho Roster Moves: Edwin & GIO gone, Leury Back, others

bmags

Just now, Rowand44 said:

Loved the Edwin signing when it happened but dude sucked, the end.  At least win he did hit one they went to the moon.

I didn't like it because he could suck, but thought he would be good, but he ended up suckng and not in a way that made me feel good about being right.

OTOH a lot of players i wanted were absolute GARBAGE this year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Second part of that tweet is interesting. I don't think Brantley is a good fit (not sure if he can play RF anymore) and Morton allegedly wants to stay east or retire, but obviously he named them for a reason

Well,, Gio Gonzalez pitched this year like he wanted to retire, so come on over Charlie and semi retire in our rotation.

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Second part of that tweet is interesting. I don't think Brantley is a good fit (not sure if he can play RF anymore) and Morton allegedly wants to stay east or retire, but obviously he named them for a reason

Reinsdorf "opening the checkbook" by allowing the addition of aging, lower cost players. This always works out great. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Nightengale is a hack, he’s never right. With that said, I have a feeling Brantley is who they end up with. He fits with the contact approach Tony mentioned and he fits the whole “how do we hit Indians pitching” plan Hahn discussed.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nightengale is a hack, he’s never right. With that said, I have a feeling Brantley is who they end up with. He fits with the contact approach Tony mentioned and he fits the whole “how do we hit Indians pitching” plan Hahn discussed.

He nailed the La Russa hiring.  But, yes, he’s usually dead wrong about stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tony said:

All obvious moves, but at least the right ones were all made....Way more interested to see what they do with Mazara.  

I started to wonder if they would pick up Leury, I'm sure 3.5 could have got someone comparable and he really has to stay on the field.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I love Morton, but shit if that doesn't feel like an all-in move for a year or two which I hate..... if it comes at the expense of young players.

I will say that Leury feels like a good sign that they're not going to be super cheap. Could have easily replaced him for less

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I love Morton, but shit if that doesn't feel like an all-in move for a year or two which I hate..... if it comes at the expense of young players.

I will say that Leury feels like a good sign that they're not going to be super cheap. Could have easily replaced him for less

We need two SPs. One really good one and a backend. This allows us to let Cease, Kopech, and Dunning to figure things out. I'd prefer that these pitchers are on 1 or two year deals if possible.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I’m fine with all in pieces this offseason, to be honest. We know there are enough core guys around for next 4-5 years, so bring in additional pieces to immediately help.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Buncho Roster Moves: Edwin & GIO gone, Leury Back, others