Buncho Roster Moves: Edwin & GIO gone, Leury Back, others

bmags

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m fine with all in pieces this offseason, to be honest. We know there are enough core guys around for next 4-5 years, so bring in additional pieces to immediately help.

Yeah, let me clarify.

I am worried it's a sign that the Sox will push all-in with La Russa and that could mean bye by to some younger players. A Kopech, Vaughn, Cease type; maybe even Nicky Big Sticks.

I love the idea of having some older stop-gap starters pitchers with high ceilings coming in every year or two.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Especially with rumors in the past they considered not keeping him around

Leury is pretty solid @ 3.5M.  Needs to stay healthy, but nice to have a piece like that who is kind of plug and play and effective. Plus - I think he'd fit in nicely to how TLR likes to use some of his guys.  

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, let me clarify.

I am worried it's a sign that the Sox will push all-in with La Russa and that could mean bye by to some younger players. A Kopech, Vaughn, Cease type; maybe even Nicky Big Sticks.

I love the idea of having some older stop-gap starters pitchers with high ceilings coming in every year or two.

No, I think they will hold on to Delmonico for minor league depth. ;)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, let me clarify.

By all means, they should consider trading Madrigal and Cease. Cease to the Mets for Nimmo, if the Mets sign Springer, makes so much sense.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

By all means, they should consider trading Madrigal and Cease. Cease to the Mets for Nimmo, if the Mets sign Springer, makes so much sense.

You been pushing for Nimmo for what feels like 6 years; with Cohen in charge, nobody talented is going anywhere for that team. I agree that Nimmo is underrated and really solid. I'm not done with Cease yet; want to give him another off-season tweaking at the least.

I think you see the Mets splurge big time in FA and it'll be more offensive than anything ever because he's basically spending our money to buy players that our team doesn't spend our money on.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Man, I didn't realize Brantley was only 33. Feels like he's been in the league for 20 years. I think he'll age really well too because his game is so damn smooth, and he has a bunch of real good tools but doesn't rely on one great one.

By game you are only referring to him at the plate right.

56 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

How about Mazara?

53 minutes ago, flavum said:

He'll be non-tendered December 2.

43 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Non-tender deadline isn't for a few more weeks I believe.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Non-Tender deadlines come later.

The hell?

1 hour ago, Rowand44 said:

Loved the Edwin signing when it happened but dude sucked, the end.  At least win he did hit one it went to the moon.

I have really come to hate these home run or bust players.  We watch this EEk type player do absolutely nothing in 3 out of 4 games.  

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, let me clarify.

I'm very concerned LaRussa will have too much of JR's ear when it comes to making moves. I'd almost expect someone to be moved from the young group, and if I had to guess, I'd say it's Cease. He was already nearly moved last offseason, and one of his biggest fans (Cooper) is no longer around. I'm fine with making moves when they make sense. I just  really hope the Sox don't lose sight about SUSTAINED success over the next few years, and shy away from a Brewer's approach of blowing their load and prospect pool on 1 push.

Springer and/or Ozuna to play the corner outfield positions.

Big Daddy full time DH.

It will save his career.

I hear Cory K. is a FA.

Nice alternative to Bauer if he's stuck on Boston.

Hey if TLR got ol' King Cole to let go of that checkbook, something good can come of this.

The rebuild is OVA.

Time to enhanced with vetted difference-makers.

Edited by GradMc

3 hours ago, poppysox said:

I have really come to hate these home run or bust players.  We watch this EEk type player do absolutely nothing in 3 out of 4 games.  

I thought it was a pretty good WS, but I had to shake my head in disgust at so many hitters with the uppercut trying to hit it out. HR or K. Disgusting form of baseball. I'll give the pitchers the benefit of the doubt for only going 4-5.5 innings as starters cause of no spring training. But modern baseball certainly angers me.

7 hours ago, fathom said:

Nightengale is a hack, he’s never right. With that said, I have a feeling Brantley is who they end up with. He fits with the contact approach Tony mentioned and he fits the whole “how do we hit Indians pitching” plan Hahn discussed.

I’m greatly concerned Brantley can’t play RF and I’m also worried about his bat falling off based off his Statcast numbers.

7 hours ago, fathom said:

Nightengale is a hack, he’s never right. With that said, I have a feeling Brantley is who they end up with. He fits with the contact approach Tony mentioned and he fits the whole “how do we hit Indians pitching” plan Hahn discussed.

Sorry Fathom but this isn’t true when it pertains to the White Sox. He talks with Jerry directly. When the rumors about La Russa came out everyone was saying “he’s an idiot” “he’s a hack” “he’s never right” and look at us now.

• Haha 1