Poll: Rate How You Feel About TLR

hi8is

Poll: Rate How You Feel About TLR  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Using the following song lyric options, select how you feel about the hiring of our new Chicago White Sox manager!

• I’m walkin’ on sunshine, whoa oooo.
    • Gestating with all the other rats, Nurse said that my skin will need a graft.
    • Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion.
    • Respect, walk... what did you say?
    • I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord.
    • They say life carries on and on and on.
    • Don't want to see your face, you better disappear.
    • I've got sunshine on a cloudy day.
    • There's too many of you crying.

On 10/31/2020 at 12:21 AM, ChiSox1917 said:

Imagine a fan base being upset for hiring Bill Belicheck after he took a few years off.

That's the equivalent of how this fan base has acted regarding TLR.  Boo hoo, they didn't interview a bunch of scrub candidates in comparison to TLR, who is a top 3 manager of the last 50 years.  Absolutely absurd.  People are upset that we have a literal Hall of Fame manager.  

No need, I'd boycott, screw that cheater, he should be banned.

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2020 at 10:59 PM, greg775 said:

I'm very happy and kind of embarrassed for Sox nation. Fans have treated Tony terribly on Twitter and many on this board have been quite negative. People need to get a grip IMO. The guy is old. He's been in the public eye since his 20s. Yes he's made some mistakes. He also has a helluva baseball resume and I just betcha in his long life he's given a lot back to society in the forms of $$$ to good causes, etc. I could be mistaken, but MLB makes it easy for some guys to embrace different charities if they wish to do so and I betcha Tony has been generous. Just a guess.

I respect Tony's baseball knowledge and despite some shortcomings on a couple occasions in his personal life, he's by no means the devil. I hope Sox fans who despise the hire suck it up and support him. Geez it's going to be a miserable time around here and in his tenure if fans hate, hate, hate.

Trust greg on this one ... Tony will not disappoint, health permitting. GO SOX! Lets win a title or three. Team still has a lot of work to do on the roster.

I admire Jerry and Kenny’s restraint not to release a tweet telling the fans to knock it off - it would’ve been well justified. 

We’ll have an absolute ball with TLR the next few years. And if it takes others a longer curve to enjoy what’s to come - that’s ok too - we’ll gladly welcome them aboard this magic carpet ride with open arms. 

Edited by IWokeUpLikeThis

47 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

I admire Jerry and Kenny’s restraint not to release a tweet telling the fans to knock it off - it would’ve been well justified. 

We’ll have an absolute ball with TLR the next few years. And if it takes others a longer curve to enjoy what’s to come - that’s ok too - we’ll gladly welcome them aboard this magic carpet ride with open arms. 

True, with great talent and the best manager, Sox are loving life.

2 hours ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Yeah, let’s applaud them for not telling their customers to be upset about a questionable hiring!

Edited by Chicago White Sox

4 hours ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Do either of them actually have twitter accounts? I don’t know of them if they do.

On 10/31/2020 at 5:56 PM, ChiSox1917 said:

Where's there any evidence he's cognitively declined?

As fans we won't know. Time will tell how a 76 year old manager will be able to perform physically and mentally.  There is not much history to go on.  

As time goes on, I hate this hire more and more. I do not want this manager on this team, for many reasons. It’s really bringing me down, and is going to affect my enthusiasm for this team next year. I think all the intangible looseness that has been an asset for many might be totally gone next year under his “old school” stewardship. I really don’t like a lot of his remarks about player action and sincerity. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

As time goes on, I hate this hire more and more. I do not want this manager on this team, for many reasons. It’s really bringing me down, and is going to affect my enthusiasm for this team next year. I think all the intangible looseness that has been an asset for many might be totally gone next year under his “old school” stewardship. I really don’t like a lot of his remarks about player action and sincerity. 

On 11/1/2020 at 8:05 AM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You know it isn't quite the end of the world as we know it.

I mean if we want to start thinking every time we forget or make a mistake after a certain age we are to be pitied and thought to be unable to function in our jobs we might as well all be killed when we hit our 30th birthday like in Logan's Run.

By the way the last 2 words are "and aeroplanes. "  Is a typo  or incorrect spelling a sign that your cognitive powers are waning ?

I know he's a terrible choice but if you are making the argument that he's not sharp enough to manage a ball club then that pig just won't fly.

REM > Phil Collins IMO