Poll: Rate How You Feel About TLR

hi8is

Poll: Rate How You Feel About TLR  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Using the following song lyric options, select how you feel about the hiring of our new Chicago White Sox manager!

• I’m walkin’ on sunshine, whoa oooo.
    • Gestating with all the other rats, Nurse said that my skin will need a graft.
    • Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion.
    • Respect, walk... what did you say?
    • I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord.
    • They say life carries on and on and on.
    • Don't want to see your face, you better disappear.
    • I've got sunshine on a cloudy day.
    • There's too many of you crying.

I'm very happy and kind of embarrassed for Sox nation. Fans have treated Tony terribly on Twitter and many on this board have been quite negative. People need to get a grip IMO. The guy is old. He's been in the public eye since his 20s. Yes he's made some mistakes. He also has a helluva baseball resume and I just betcha in his long life he's given a lot back to society in the forms of $$$ to good causes, etc. I could be mistaken, but MLB makes it easy for some guys to embrace different charities if they wish to do so and I betcha Tony has been generous. Just a guess.

I respect Tony's baseball knowledge and despite some shortcomings on a couple occasions in his personal life, he's by no means the devil. I hope Sox fans who despise the hire suck it up and support him. Geez it's going to be a miserable time around here and in his tenure if fans hate, hate, hate.

Trust greg on this one ... Tony will not disappoint, health permitting. GO SOX! Lets win a title or three. Team still has a lot of work to do on the roster.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

I'm very happy and kind of embarrassed for Sox nation. Fans have treated Tony terribly on Twitter and many on this board have been quite negative. People need to get a grip IMO. The guy is old. He's been in the public eye since his 20s. Yes he's made some mistakes. He also has a helluva baseball resume and I just betcha in his long life he's given a lot back to society in the forms of $$$ to good causes, etc. I could be mistaken, but MLB makes it easy for some guys to embrace different charities if they wish to do so and I betcha Tony has been generous. Just a guess.

I respect Tony's baseball knowledge and despite some shortcomings on a couple occasions in his personal life, he's by no means the devil. I hope Sox fans who despise the hire suck it up and support him. Geez it's going to be a miserable time around here and in his tenure if fans hate, hate, hate.

Trust greg on this one ... Tony will not disappoint, health permitting. GO SOX! Lets win a title or three. Team still has a lot of work to do on the roster.

Imagine a fan base being upset for hiring Bill Belicheck after he took a few years off.

That's the equivalent of how this fan base has acted regarding TLR.  Boo hoo, they didn't interview a bunch of scrub candidates in comparison to TLR, who is a top 3 manager of the last 50 years.  Absolutely absurd.  People are upset that we have a literal Hall of Fame manager.  

Edited by ChiSox1917
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Imagine a fan base being upset for hiring Bill Belicheck after he took a few years off.

That's the equivalent of how this fan base has acted regarding TLR.  Boo hoo, they didn't interview a bunch of scrub candidates in comparison to TLR, who is a top 3 manager of the last 50 years.  Absolutely absurd.  People are upset that we have a literal Hall of Fame manager.  

Who the vast majority of the players are upset about.  But yeah, who the fuck cares about the actual talent because we now have a cognitive declining 76 year manager who hasn’t actually managed a team in 10 years!

Edited by Chicago White Sox

10 hours ago, greg775 said:

With your track record? I am more scared than ever. Especially since you couldn't address any of the legitimate concerns than people have. 

10 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Who the vast majority of the players are upset about.  But yeah, who the fuck cares about the actual talent because we now have a cognitive declining 76 year manager who hasn’t actually managed a team in 10 years!

Where's there any evidence he's cognitively declined?

It’s been two days & I’m already sick of this shit. He’s the manager & we’re going to have to deal with it. We can’t change it. A petition, letters, social media.... nothing is change Jerry’s mind. It’s not incredibly awful. Let’s see how this plays out. The only opinion I’m concerned about is that of the leadership (players) of this team, Tim, Jose, Lucas & the rest. 

12 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

With your track record? I am more scared than ever. Especially since you couldn't address any of the legitimate concerns than people have. 

You guys are such a tough crowd. Who asked me to address any concerns? I have had several posts on Tony, one acknowledging he's been in the public eye since his 20s and has made some mistakes, yet I'd bet a lot of money he's done a lot of good in his life. Geez, tough crowd.

On 10/30/2020 at 7:59 PM, Balta1701 said:

That’s great it starts with an earthquake; birds and snakes an aeroplane.

You know it isn't quite the end of the world as we know it.

I mean if we want to start thinking every time we forget or make a mistake after a certain age we are to be pitied and thought to be unable to function in our jobs we might as well all be killed when we hit our 30th birthday like in Logan's Run.

By the way the last 2 words are "and aeroplanes. "  Is a typo  or incorrect spelling a sign that your cognitive powers are waning ?

I know he's a terrible choice but if you are making the argument that he's not sharp enough to manage a ball club then that pig just won't fly.

38 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You know it isn't quite the end of the world as we know it.

I mean if we want to start thinking every time we forget or make a mistake after a certain age we are to be pitied and thought to be unable to function in our jobs we might as well all be killed when we hit our 30th birthday like in Logan's Run.

By the way the last 2 words are "and aeroplanes. "  Is a typo  or incorrect spelling a sign that your cognitive powers are waning ?

I know he's a terrible choice but if you are making the argument that he's not sharp enough to manage a ball club then that pig just won't fly.

All right now I’m pissed. You think I don’t know those lyrics? Go check motherf***er!!!!! (Sarcasm)

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/rem/itstheendoftheworldasweknowitandifeelfine.html

That's great! It starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, an aeroplane
and Lenny Bruce is not afraid

Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn
World serves its own needs, don't mis-serve your own needs
Speed it up a notch, speed, grunt, no strength
The ladder starts to clatter with fear of height, down height
Wire in a fire, representing seven games
In a government for hire and a combat site
Left of west and coming in a hurry
With the furies breathing down your neck

23 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

All right now I’m pissed. You think I don’t know those lyrics? Go check motherf***er!!!!! (Sarcasm)

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/rem/itstheendoftheworldasweknowitandifeelfine.html

LOL I guess it depends on the source of the lyrics. The source I checked says otherwise. You're probably right but the point was if we got scrutinized about our brain function every time we couldn't remember where we left our keys  as much as a manager does about his decisions in the dugout we'd all be accused of losing brain cells at a pace of a 76 year old. But either way I feel fine. I do love that song though so good choice.