Taijuan Walker, worth a gamble or is Jake Odorizzi

AJ'S Cousin

Taijuan -- Career ERA of 3.84, 27 years olds. In 2020. averages just under a strike out per inning. 

2020 4-3 with a 2.70 ERA.   53 innings/50 SO'S 

worthy to take a look at as a # 4/#5 starter?? 

Jake-- Creer  ERA of 3.92, 30 years olds. had a great 2019   Won 62 lost 52   15-7 in 2019 ERA  3.51 ERA. 

is he worthy to take a look at as a # 4/#5 starter?? 

We all want Bauer, Stroman is a long shot because of La Russa. 

20 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

We hired TLR.  I dont want associated stuff that isnt the top 1 or 2 free agents.  No more trying to get a guy on the last legs of his career or a buy low candidate.  Lets get a top of the line free agent here.  

Who do you have in mind, other than Bauer?

21 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

We hired TLR.  I dont want associated stuff that isnt the top 1 or 2 free agents.  No more trying to get a guy on the last legs of his career or a buy low candidate.  Lets get a top of the line free agent here.  

100%. Not a fan of hiring TLR at all, but if it signifies opening the pocketbook for some combo of Bauer, Springer, Quintana/Wainwright then I'm fine with it.

I'm not in for trades, either. We lack depth and trading away prospects really means we're in about a 3-4 year window. Let's aim for consistent competitiveness.

• knightni changed the title to Taijuan Walker, worth a gamble or is Jake Odorizzi
2 hours ago, Capital G said:

I am fine w/ these to fill out depth or if we swing really hard at Bauer/Stroman and lose.

But TBH we have a lot of options if we miss on them. Some more risky than others:

Kubler

Morton

Happ

Paxton

Ray

Richards

Q

I think Morton will resign w Tampa 

2 hours ago, Capital G said:

I am fine w/ these to fill out depth or if we swing really hard at Bauer/Stroman and lose.

But TBH we have a lot of options if we miss on them. Some more risky than others:

Kubler

Morton

Happ

Paxton

Ray

Richards

Q

Starter depth may indeed be a better investment than one stud.  Of course...a Bauer/Stroman stud along with depth is the way to go if RH can pull it off.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Capital G said:

I just read about it. Looks to be true as his kids are #1 priority so he would rather remain close to TB. I live in Tampa and the Rays are my 2nd team so I dont hate it lol

I think Morton is going to see how much the contracts drop this year and decide it’s not worth it to him.

On 10/31/2020 at 4:54 PM, AJ'S Cousin said:

Taijuan -- Career ERA of 3.84, 27 years olds. In 2020. averages just under a strike out per inning. 

2020 4-3 with a 2.70 ERA.   53 innings/50 SO'S 

worthy to take a look at as a # 4/#5 starter?? 

Jake-- Creer  ERA of 3.92, 30 years olds. had a great 2019   Won 62 lost 52   15-7 in 2019 ERA  3.51 ERA. 

is he worthy to take a look at as a # 4/#5 starter?? 

We all want Bauer, Stroman is a long shot because of La Russa. 

Sox are going to have to take a look at all viable starting pitching candidates not just the popular ones thrown around here. Plenty of them will have successful seasons next year. There are always a couple of big surprises. No one knows definitively who it will be. Plenty of people like to talk in absolutes like some things will never happen . Just look through the LaRussa thread. You will see plenty of examples of that.