White Sox coaching staff announced (List in first post)

knightni

12 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Here we are however many days later and I still can't believe the Sox hired LaRussa as manager.  Seriously WTF.

Yes. The Sox were in the Duke/Kentucky position of having their choice for the top guy, and went rogue.

As long as LaRussa is the same mentality he was when he retired, they are better off once the game starts and ends with him that Renteria. But all other times have to be a serious concern. They need a good coaching staff to make up for when Tony gets into a feud with a player, who can keep the players focus. It is one thing to have problems with established veterans which Tony has had over the years, but dealing with your asshole manager is a headache a young guy in the middle of establishing himself that isn’t needed.

• Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Anyone got any coaching predictions?  Here’s my best guesses at the moment, most of which are mostly complete dart throws:

• Bench Coach: Joe Pettini
  • Pitching Coach: Matt Hobbs
  • Bullpen Coach: Curt Hasler
  • Hitting Coach: Frank Menechino
  • Ast. Hitting Coach: Lenny Harris
  • 1st Base Coach: Joe McEwing
  • 3rd Base Coach: Jose Oquendo

I like this. I think I would rather have Katz at pitching.  But I'm ok with Hobbs. I guess there's no room for Darryl Boston. 

On 11/8/2020 at 8:17 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

Anyone got any coaching predictions?  Here’s my best guesses at the moment, most of which are mostly complete dart throws:

• Bench Coach: Joe Pettini
  • Pitching Coach: Matt Hobbs
  • Bullpen Coach: Curt Hasler
  • Hitting Coach: Frank Menechino
  • Ast. Hitting Coach: Lenny Harris
  • 1st Base Coach: Joe McEwing
  • 3rd Base Coach: Jose Oquendo

You may be right, but I wish there was an heir apparent for TLR.  If Tony had any health issue, would we assume Pettini is next in line? Where has he been since being released by Houston in 2013?

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

You may be right, but I wish there was an heir apparent for TLR.  If Tony had any health issue, would we assume Pettini is next in line? Where has he been since being released by Houston in 2013?

Petting was a total dart throw, but just get the feeling La Russa brings in his own guy to be bench coach. 

Looks like the big question comes down to bench coach and whether Super Joe will retain the job.  Given how much Tony loved the dude when he was a player, I’d be a little surprised if they got rid of him.  That being said, if I’m Hahn and I have control over the coaching staff, I want my bench coach to be my insurance policy if things go south with La Russa and McEwing isn’t that guy for me.  I’ll say it again, but would love to see a Sam Fuld type get the job even if that’s unlikely.

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Looks like the big question comes down to bench coach and whether Super Joe will retain the job.  Given how much Tony loved the dude when he was a player, I’d be a little surprised if they got rid of him.  That being said, if I’m Hahn and I have control over the coaching staff, I want my bench coach to be my insurance policy if things go south with La Russa and McEwing isn’t that guy for me.  I’ll say it again, but would love to see a Sam Fuld type get the job even if that’s unlikely.

With the Katz hiring, it sure seems like Jerry told Hahn:  let me have my guy and you can have the rest of the staff 

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 1

• knightni changed the title to White Sox coaching staff announced (List in first post)