White Sox coaching staff announced (List in first post)

knightni

39 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Looks like the big question comes down to bench coach and whether Super Joe will retain the job.  Given how much Tony loved the dude when he was a player, I’d be a little surprised if they got rid of him.  That being said, if I’m Hahn and I have control over the coaching staff, I want my bench coach to be my insurance policy if things go south with La Russa and McEwing isn’t that guy for me.  I’ll say it again, but would love to see a Sam Fuld type get the job even if that’s unlikely.

Totally agree. I'm a little worried they aren't going to go outside the box for the bench job. But the Katz hiring gives me hope they can get someone good from outside the organization.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

Do we know if they’ve talked with Ozzie about bench coach?    He would be perfect and provide a natural successor to LaRussa when he retires in 5-10 years.

Must be a sad life you live that you have nothing better to do on a Saturday night than troll on a White Sox message board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, sin city sox fan said:

Do we know if they’ve talked with Ozzie about bench coach?    He would be perfect and provide a natural successor to LaRussa when he retires in 5-10 years.

I'm content with the TLR hire and even I recognize he'll be gone within 3 years tops even if we win the WS consecutively

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

It’s taking awhile to announce the rest of the staff. We know that most of the staff is coming back but wasn’t this supposed to be announced early this week. Its already Wednesday. Lol

My guess is they are still negotiating the details of the contract with Ozzie and they are holding off any announcements until this is finalized.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

My guess is they are still negotiating the details of the contract with Ozzie and they are holding off any announcements until this is finalized.

It might mean all the hoopla surrounding TL is not a done deal yet.  

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You know who else leaked a coach...WSD 🤔

Very true. I also think WSD reports a lot of what Portillos does. Portillos said George Springer and WSD puts a Springer gif in an article, Portillos said Marquez and WSD wrote a whole piece about Marquez.

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 2

Anyone else think it’s weird they haven’t announced the coaching staff yet?  Seems like we’re looking at the following with McEwing possibly in the 1st base / 3 base coach mix:

• Bench Coach: Miguel Cairo
  • Pitching Coach: Ethan Katz
  • Bullpen Coach: Curt Hasler
  • Hitting Coach: Frank Menechino
  • Ast Hitting Coach: Howie Clark
  • 1st Base Coach: Darryl Boston?
  • 3rd Base Coach: Jose Oquendo?

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Anyone else think it’s weird they haven’t announced the coaching staff yet?  Seems like we’re looking at the following with McEwing possibly in the 1st base / 3 base coach mix:

• Bench Coach: Miguel Cairo
  • Pitching Coach: Ethan Katz
  • Bullpen Coach: Curt Hasler
  • Hitting Coach: Frank Menechino
  • Ast Hitting Coach: Howie Clark
  • 1st Base Coach: Darryl Boston?
  • 3rd Base Coach: Jose Oquendo?

It’s rather strange. They were supposed to announce it early last week and now it’s almost Tuesday and still no announcement. It’s like they forgot or something. 

Edited by maloney.adam

I mean really the staff should be set by now. Most FAs want to know who the coaches are that They're going to work with. Does Hinch have his entire staff in place? 

Just a side note, still struggling that AJ Hinch is not with the sox. Didn't realize until I mentioned him.

Freakin Reinsdorf!

• Like 1

• knightni changed the title to White Sox coaching staff announced (List in first post)