White Sox coaching staff announced (List in first post)

knightni

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

I am not a fan of the hire but to expect a death spiral and implosion because he is the manager is a bit of a reach in my mind.

Ever since the day that the season ended, this has been a worst case scenario.  We have seen instances of problems in the past, and when you look at the roster, it is filled with the types of guys that Tony typically has a problem with.  I see no real reason for optimism here.

I gotta say...five years ago if the White Sox had hired a new analytics coordinator I would neither have known nor cared.  Now I get to read ten pages about who they are, how Jerry sucks and TLR is a drunk, management favors nepotism and rapists and the rebuild is going in the trash heap.   We are living in a world of wonders.     

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

I guess common sense is insider knowledge to you.  The Earth is round and we orbit the sun next up in the news. 

Your overall attitude sucks. But that’s alright, I’ll keep being pleasant. And I’ll listen to the actual insider here who told us that Hahn was given control of hiring the pitching coach since TLR wasn’t his choice. 

Could that insider be wrong? Sure. But that’s why I said “I think” instead of speaking in absolutes like you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Your overall attitude sucks. But that’s alright, I’ll keep being pleasant. And I’ll listen to the actual insider here who told us that Hahn was given control of hiring the pitching coach since TLR wasn’t his choice. 

Could that insider be wrong? Sure. But that’s why I said “I think” instead of speaking in absolutes like you. 

TLR reached out to Duncan before he accepted the job. Sure after Duncan said I am not un-retiring Hahn was given the opportunity to hire a guy.  I doubt if any of the same "insiders" would pontificate that TLR was going to get overruled if TLR wanted to hire Duncan if he was available by Hahn and his pick.  TLR didn't have a horse in the race is what it really what it was.  

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

TLR reached out to Duncan before he accepted the job. Sure after Duncan said I am not un-retiring Hahn was given the opportunity to hire a guy.  I doubt if any of the same "insiders" would pontificate that TLR was going to get overruled if TLR wanted to hire Duncan if he was available by Hahn and his pick.  TLR didn't have a horse in the race is what it really what it was.  

I agree that very well could have been what happened. 

45 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Ever since the day that the season ended, this has been a worst case scenario.  We have seen instances of problems in the past, and when you look at the roster, it is filled with the types of guys that Tony typically has a problem with.  I see no real reason for optimism here.

If you see no reason for optimism then why are you on this forum? Why spent time on something that gives you no joy?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

If you see no reason for optimism then why are you on this forum? Why spent time on something that gives you no joy?

That is actually a fair point. I probably should think about going back into hibernation.  I already made sure for no Sox related purchases.  

6 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

Just because Duncan said he wouldn't be joining TLR doesn't mean we would have taken Duncan if he was interested.  I think Hahn was given control of hiring the pitching coach, and I don't think it was going to be Duncan even if Duncan wanted it.

I agree it’s likely Hahn and Giolito were responsible for Katz.

However, when LaRussa and Jerry agreed last Spring or Summer Tony was coming back after Tony’s latest known DUI arrest, it’s likely Jerry would have also honored Tony’s offer to Duncan be honored if Dave accepted. Tony would have communicated the offer to Jerry. Jerry could have nixed it, but Hahn or Kenny had no say in any of this.

Perhaps Dave told Tony no, but instead give my kid a job. Hahn couldn’t even stop Dave’s son from being hired, how could he have stopped Dave?

This entire episode is about Jerry making Tony happy and keeping him employed, and “righting a wrong”. Kenny, Hahn, players, fans be damned.

Poor Hawk, the one thing he did right as GM undone 34 years later. Mercy.