knightni

White Sox coaching staff announced (List in first post)

20 minutes ago, Orlando said:

With the Katz hiring, it sure seems like Jerry told Hahn:  let me have my guy and you can have the rest of the staff 

Sure seems that way, bench coach will be a big one though.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Looks like the big question comes down to bench coach and whether Super Joe will retain the job.  Given how much Tony loved the dude when he was a player, I’d be a little surprised if they got rid of him.  That being said, if I’m Hahn and I have control over the coaching staff, I want my bench coach to be my insurance policy if things go south with La Russa and McEwing isn’t that guy for me.  I’ll say it again, but would love to see a Sam Fuld type get the job even if that’s unlikely.

Totally agree. I'm a little worried they aren't going to go outside the box for the bench job. But the Katz hiring gives me hope they can get someone good from outside the organization.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

Do we know if they’ve talked with Ozzie about bench coach?    He would be perfect and provide a natural successor to LaRussa when he retires in 5-10 years.

Must be a sad life you live that you have nothing better to do on a Saturday night than troll on a White Sox message board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

Do we know if they’ve talked with Ozzie about bench coach?    He would be perfect and provide a natural successor to LaRussa when he retires in 5-10 years.

He’s not coming back. Move on. 

20 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

What does Al's Cheesy Beef have to say about it?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

What does Al's Cheesy Beef have to say about it?

Nothing as of yet but knowing how he tweets, he may say something. Stay tuned. Lol

Edited by maloney.adam

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

Hahn said he wasn’t a candidate to fill Ricky’s position.   He never said he wasn’t coming back.  Who thought LaRussa was coming back?   No one saw that in their crystal ball until a month ago.

3 hours ago, sin city sox fan said:

I'm content with the TLR hire and even I recognize he'll be gone within 3 years tops even if we win the WS consecutively

It’s taking awhile to announce the rest of the staff. We know that most of the staff is coming back but wasn’t this supposed to be announced early this week. Its already Wednesday. Lol

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

It’s taking awhile to announce the rest of the staff. We know that most of the staff is coming back but wasn’t this supposed to be announced early this week. Its already Wednesday. Lol

My guess is they are still negotiating the details of the contract with Ozzie and they are holding off any announcements until this is finalized.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

My guess is they are still negotiating the details of the contract with Ozzie and they are holding off any announcements until this is finalized.

Doesn't this routine get boring?

• Like 1

Actually on second thought...It’s apparently being finalized early this week. That doesn’t mean that it’s going to be announced right away. It may take a few days or more. 

Edited by maloney.adam

6 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

It might mean all the hoopla surrounding TL is not a done deal yet.  

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You know who else leaked a coach...WSD 🤔

Very true. I also think WSD reports a lot of what Portillos does. Portillos said George Springer and WSD puts a Springer gif in an article, Portillos said Marquez and WSD wrote a whole piece about Marquez.

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Heard anything about Bauer or Springer lately?

Nothing on Bauer at all. Sox are one of the teams on Springer. No idea how advanced anything is. 

Anyone else think it’s weird they haven’t announced the coaching staff yet?  Seems like we’re looking at the following with McEwing possibly in the 1st base / 3 base coach mix:

• Bench Coach: Miguel Cairo
  • Pitching Coach: Ethan Katz
  • Bullpen Coach: Curt Hasler
  • Hitting Coach: Frank Menechino
  • Ast Hitting Coach: Howie Clark
  • 1st Base Coach: Darryl Boston?
  • 3rd Base Coach: Jose Oquendo?

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Anyone else think it’s weird they haven’t announced the coaching staff yet?  Seems like we’re looking at the following with McEwing possibly in the 1st base / 3 base coach mix:

• Bench Coach: Miguel Cairo
  • Pitching Coach: Ethan Katz
  • Bullpen Coach: Curt Hasler
  • Hitting Coach: Frank Menechino
  • Ast Hitting Coach: Howie Clark
  • 1st Base Coach: Darryl Boston?
  • 3rd Base Coach: Jose Oquendo?

It’s rather strange. They were supposed to announce it early last week and now it’s almost Tuesday and still no announcement. It’s like they forgot or something. 

Edited by maloney.adam

I mean really the staff should be set by now. Most FAs want to know who the coaches are that They're going to work with. Does Hinch have his entire staff in place? 

Just a side note, still struggling that AJ Hinch is not with the sox. Didn't realize until I mentioned him.

Freakin Reinsdorf!

• Like 1