Robert Gold Glove

Flash

38 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Happy for him and proud of him.  Side to side and coming in he covers acres.  Going back?  He's got work to do.  But I'm the guy who liked A Garcia and C Lee going back so what do I know?

Edited by Stinky Stanky
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, hi8is said:

Kinda surprised and he’s really going to get a LOT better. Awesome.

Same.  A little surprised.

The defensive talent is undeniable and he gets to some balls 98% of MLB CF won't touch.  But he was poor around the wall and missed some very catchable (for him) balls in big spots.  I have no doubt he'll win many of these, and he is an ELITE defender.  Just a little surprised he won this year.  

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Same.  A little surprised.

The defensive talent is undeniable and he gets to some balls 98% of MLB CF won't touch.  But he was poor around the wall and missed some very catchable (for him) balls in big spots.  I have no doubt he'll win many of these, and he is an ELITE defender.  Just a little surprised he won this year.  

Some of this is that somehow Kiermaier isn’t in the final 3 that could be voted for.

8 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

This is stupid. Should we just delay everything until the election is over? The announcement of gold gloves won't be bringing extra fans to the game...

Honestly? Yes. This is an entirely predictable day where no one will notice the awards. Do them on Thursday.

did he just cement getting this award like 8 times now? Because as others stated...he is only going to get better and once he starts making those over the wall grabs he will be dynamic. I thought he was going to get runner up on this, as he will for ROY also...but its good to get some recognition to stuff in fangraphs face...

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Honestly? Yes. This is an entirely predictable day where no one will notice the awards. Do them on Thursday.

Leaving the election out of it, these awards are voted on through year end, and they should all be announced during the playoffs/world series when you have the broadest / highest baseball attention span. The hard core fans are the only ones interested at this point, anyone else glances over them at best. 

The NHL is the only other sport that does it this way, and they are not known for any marketing savvy. The NBA and NFL announce their MVPs and other awards during the playoffs, with the NFL naming their HOF inductees Super Bowl weekend to maximize exposure.

MLB should also have their HOF ceremony the day after the All Star Game, vs. a few Sundays later slated opposite a full schedule of MLB games.