Bob N: Cleveland intends to trade Lindor

iWiN4PreP

This was posted in the "Offseason" topic, but I feel this deserves it's own thread here for the following reasons:

1) Cleveland, one of our main rivals, is effectively giving up for 2021. Letting Hand go, and now trading Lindor.

2) Is there anyway we can sneak into this and get lindor? Send Moncada to RF? 

3) The early thought is that the trade will be pennies on the dollar. Anyone have predictions on where lindor will go and for whom? 

As I said in the other thread, they missed their window to deal Lindor,  He is a year from free agency and about to pull down a twenty million dollar (or more) paycheck in a time period where teams are going to be desperately trying to cut salary.  I get the feeling the price an acquiring team pays to get him is going to be woefully light.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iWiN4PreP said:

This was posted in the "Offseason" topic, but I feel this deserves it's own thread here for the following reasons:

1) Cleveland, one of our main rivals, is effectively giving up for 2021. Letting Hand go, and now trading Lindor.

2) Is there anyway we can sneak into this and get lindor? Send Moncada to RF? 

3) The early thought is that the trade will be pennies on the dollar. Anyone have predictions on where lindor will go and for whom? 

Cleveland is not giving up. They have proven to be effective at retooling. They have made decent trades . I will never say never but I'd put the odds of getting Lindor at 1000 to 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

As I said in the other thread, they missed their window to deal Lindor,  He is a year from free agency and about to pull down a twenty million dollar (or more) paycheck in a time period where teams are going to be desperately trying to cut salary.  I get the feeling the price an acquiring team pays to get him is going to be woefully light.

It might be light but but they will get at least one very talented piece.

17 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Lindor's probably going to the Dodgers or Mets or Yankees. Outside chance maybe the Angels or Phillies? 

But why can't we make a crazy move like this. I have 0 faith the W'sox get it done, but whatever

Well, because it would be crazy, as in stupid crazy. TA may not be the better player (debatable, at least for this White Sox team), but adding Lindor's salary is 100% counterproductive and doesn't make any damn sense. At least try and come up with something that makes a tiny bit of sense.

• Like 4