Abreu Silver Slugger

Tnetennba

25 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

Maybe a silly question, but does Jose have any shot at the HOF? Say he adds a World Series, or maybe ends up with 2 career MVPs?

And does his international competition help? Or that's not allowed?

No. No. No. You were correct that it is a silly question to ask. They need to quit tarnishing the HOF by including guys who don't deserve it. I'll be the first one to give Jose deserved props, but just no to the HOF.

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2020 at 7:54 PM, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

No. No. No. You were correct that it is a silly question to ask. They need to quit tarnishing the HOF by including guys who don't deserve it. I'll be the first one to give Jose deserved props, but just no to the HOF.

If Jerry and Tony stay alive long enough, they may get him through the back door in like they did Harold Baines.

My favorite all time player, not a HOF career however.

20 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If Jerry and Tony stay alive long enough, they may get him through the back door in like they did Harold Baines.

My favorite all time player, not a HOF career however.

2 more years of playing on this contract, maybe even playing longer if He has a Cruz like end, 5 years before he’s HOF eligible, 10 years before minimum eligibility for veterans committee votes, then maybe another year or two before they could vote on him under current rules?

106 year old Reinsdorf trying to justify how he only won one title despite owning the club for 60 years? Maybe, but might not be walking that well.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

2 more years of playing on this contract, maybe even playing longer if He has a Cruz like end, 5 years before he’s HOF eligible, 10 years before minimum eligibility for veterans committee votes, then maybe another year or two before they could vote on him under current rules?

106 year old Reinsdorf trying to justify how he only won one title despite owning the club for 60 years? Maybe, but might not be walking that well.

Among people alive today, Keith Richards is the clear favorite to break Methuselah’s longevity record and make it to the year 3000.

That said, I never thought Jerry would have made as Chairman for forty years, and I would be less surprised if Jerry remained chairman of the Chicago White Sox decades from today, with continued advances in science.

I agree it’s unlikely LaRussa will be with us by the time Abreu is eligible for Veterans Committee consideration, but Jerry will have others among his clique to do his bidding, perhaps possible future Veterans Committee HOF inductees Paul Konerko or A. J. Pierzynski, and Harold.