Jackie Bradley Jr

Buehrle>Wood

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

No thanks. I have this feeling they will stick with Mazara for one more season due to the COVID situation. I don’t believe for one second that JR will open his wallet up for a Springer or even a Pederson. You your setting yourself up for disappointment if you think that.

Why not a Pederson?  He probably won’t get more than like 1/$10M if that.

• Like 1

He is a good fielder but can't really hit that well. I don't see why the Sox need that. Having a glove first CF is ok if you have two corners who can mash but the Sox have robert who can field well AND has offensive upside.

The Sox also have a good glove guy who can't hit in engel. Granted bradley is not as bad with the stick as engel (only slightly below average instead of very bad) but with Robert and engel the sox don't really need a 95 wrc+ CF which is not terrible but a downgrade.

The Sox don't need more playing time blockers like EE and mazara this year, if you get one get a real upgrade or let the young guys play.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

No thanks. I have this feeling they will stick with Mazara for one more season due to the COVID situation. I don’t believe for one second that JR will open his wallet up for a Springer or even a Pederson. Your setting yourself up for disappointment if you think that.

I’m confused, you would rather just stick with Mazara than signing an average to good player like Bradley? You say “no thanks” like it’s a bad idea but then say Springer and Pederson are off the table. This is the attitude people had about Ozuna last year. Everyone was saying “no thanks” but look where we ended up. If Jerry isn’t going to spend much, Bradley is a good get. His defense alone makes him more valuable than Mazara and his lefty bat makes him better than Engel.

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dominikk85 said:

He is a good fielder but can't really hit that well. I don't see why the Sox need that. Having a glove first CF is ok if you have two corners who can mash but the Sox have robert who can field well AND has offensive upside.

The Sox also have a good glove guy who can't hit in engel. Granted bradley is not as bad with the stick as engel (only slightly below average instead of very bad) but with Robert and engel the sox don't really need a 95 wrc+ CF which is not terrible but a downgrade.

The Sox don't need more playing time blockers like EE and mazara this year, if you get one get a real upgrade or let the young guys play.

We are beyond letting the young guys play. Who exactly would Bradley be blocking that the Sox are developing? The answer is no one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It was also a total outlier season with the bat for him.  He’d be better than Mazara, I’d still rather roll the dice on Pederson if we’re playing in this price range.

I agree but if the options are a Bradley type or go with what we have, I’m taking Bradley happily. If the Sox spend on pitching and go with Bradley in RF I’m good 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Seems to make a ton of sense if you’re unwilling to pony up for Springer.

And RH has been trying to acquire him for awhile now. Of course, if LaRussa has other ideas for that OF spot and Hahns opinions don't matter anymore even though he put together this whole team then all bets are off.