Jackie Bradley Jr

Buehrle>Wood

3 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

And RH has been trying to acquire him for awhile now. Of course, if LaRussa has other ideas for that OF spot and Hahns opinions don't matter anymore even though he put together this whole team then all bets are off. 

Why do you speak as if it was Hahn and Hahn alone who was the lone mastermind   and LaRussa and LaRussa alone who now holds the power ? Don't you think the front office has meetings with scouts and people who know  minor league and major league personnel and compile a list of players to seek that might number around 100 and start making preliminary calls and start  a process and gauge the likelihood of such acquisitions ?

Who we do and don't end up with is a combination of availability,and cost of acquiring that is palatable to supple budgetary constraints.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It was also a total outlier season with the bat for him.  He’d be better than Mazara, I’d still rather roll the dice on Pederson if we’re playing in this price range.

Yeah. He isn't a terrible hitter and does have a bit of pop and decent walk rates but he also had a .340 babip which is unusual for him.

He basically is a 15-20 HR hitter who strikes out too much and mostly is about a 90-100 wrc+ hitter who occasionally is a little better with some babip luck.

That has value with his defense but the Sox already have that with more upside in robert.

• Like 2

Just now, Dominikk85 said:

Yeah. He isn't a terrible hitter and does have a bit of pop and decent walk rates but he also had a .340 babip which is unusual for him.

He basically is a 15-20 HR hitter who strikes out too much and mostly is about a 90-100 wrc+ hitter who occasionally is a little better with some babip luck.

That has value with his defense but the Sox already have that with more upside in robert.

He wouldn’t play CF.....

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Adequate  not ideal.

I’m in this boat. I’m fine rolling the dice on Joc on a deal similar to Edwins, but I would hope that means a marquee SP is added and frankly really only a couple options that fit that bill. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

And in a Corner a 95 wrc+ is pretty mediocre.

I agree but he put up more WAR in 60 games than Adam Engel has in his career and the same WAR as Mazara has in his career. All I’m saying is that if the options are stand pat or get Bradley, I’d like Bradley.

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 1

FWIW---Bradley is rumored to be in the 2year--$16Mil range. According to Boston media, Red Sox are looking at Springer and Ozuna but have also opened up talks w Bradley as well should they fall through.  Supposedly KC and Houston could be other suitors.  

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?/topic/109967-jackie-bradley-jr/&page=2&_fromLogin=1

• Haha 1