La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why would you want things to go poorly for the players who have worker their asses off and done nothing wrong? Weird take.

Wouldn’t canceling season tickets be similar though, as it would cause them not to be able to bring in free agents that could improve the team and everyone’s performance?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Baron said:

Besides all the jokes and obvious issues with this as far as the team he needs to get help. Seems like this has all been in his late stage of life. Obviously the people hes going out with arent too smart letting him drive home. Take an Uber or public transportation. Shit take an Uber to the bar and get shit faced and take one back home. 

Right. People make mistakes and entitled to forgiveness when they show it. Drunk driving affects a lot of people, myself included, personally, but you know it is done in ignorance not often done in malice.

But that's when it happens once.

When it happens multiple times, there's something going on there that needs to be figured out. And you can't just blame the people criticising.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Just to note - February was also the month where he did these interviews, where he said the principles of military leadership were brought with him into baseball and that's why he couldn't support them kneeling. So these were a few days apart.

http://www.grahambensinger.com/index.php/episode-guide-2/episode-archive-2/tony-la-russa/

Gotta kneel if you're too drunk to stand.

Remember what Lincoln said about General Grant's geting sauced too much?  (Well, not really)"There is a popular tradition to the effect that Lincoln, when informed that General Grant drank too much whiskey, retorted, “Tell me what brand it is, and I’ll send a barrel to each of the other generals.” But, in truth, these words were a mere fabrication: they were put into Lincoln’s mouth by Miles O’Reilly (Charles G. Halpine) in a burlesque report of an imaginary banquet supposed to have been held at Delmonico’s in the year 1862. They ran through the press as Lincoln’s ipsissima verba, and to this day it is hard to make people father them on the real author."

Not funny, like a Chief of Police who drives drunk, but tragic and especially tragic for the Sox.

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

The Sox have to know how bad this looks.  There was a percentage of the fan base that liked the hire and a percentage that was “meh” about it.  Now they have the majority of the fan base pissed off.  What a joke.

Percentage?  From the start it was like 5 pct happy and 95 pct livid

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why would you want things to go poorly for the players who have worker their asses off and done nothing wrong? Weird take.

There are things far more important than winning a game. Respect, dignity, honor.

I rather the White Sox tank for basic human decency to remove this cancer from the organization and professional baseball than to move up a few draft slots as they did a few years ago.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

sigh.

The reality is if it becomes a reality that I can go to sox games this year I'm buying the biggest ticket package I can afford because it means I get to hang out with sox fans and watch Tim Anderson.

JR, LaRussa, they are going through an excruciating, pointless security checkpoint before flying off to vacation. Pointless pain, but, come on I want to watch the sox.