La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Rick Hahn had a guy who just had charges filed in his second DUI the day before hired over his objections and it wasn't enough for him to stand up and resign. Someone should smack him if he's smiling today.

I'm 99% sure that corporate offices throughout America are riddled with people convicted of DUI. You're going to have a hard time finding a job if things like that become required.

2 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

When did this news come about?

It's in the article linked in the OG post of this thread.

FTA:

> When reached by ESPN on Monday night, La Russa said, "I have nothing to say," and he hung up the phone.

> A White Sox spokesman said the organization was aware of the incident.

> "Because this is an active case," he said, "we cannot comment further at this time."

EDIT:

Wait, I realize now that I am misinterpreting this. I think the "was aware" was throwing me off, but they probably just mean "is aware".

Edited by TitoMB345

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm 99% sure that corporate offices throughout America are riddled with people convicted of DUI. You're going to have a hard time finding a job if things like that become required.

Tony LaRussa can go work a minimum wage job to rebuild his resume for a few years. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If I got one of the thirty greatest jobs in the world, would I resign because my owner hired his old hall of fame pal who just got convicted of a DUI.

The answer is no. I would ride that horse to the sunset.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Why on Earth are other people in the front office ok with this? Do they want literal blood on their hands if he does it again midseason?

Blood on their hands? Because Tony is only capable of driving drunk due to his employer?

Give it a rest.

He has no business being hired for this job, and it's a position with plenty of qualified candidates that don't come with baggage so heavy you gotta pay extra, but Tony La Russa is a grown man and him being a POS doesn't mean Rick Hahn would have blood on his hands for decisions Tony La Russa made. Jaysus.

• Love 1

Just now, bmags said:

If I got one of the thirty greatest jobs in the world, would I resign because my owner hired his old hall of fame pal who just got convicted of a DUI.

The answer is no. I would ride that horse to the sunset.

Yeah, it's just nonsense. People love to sit on these absurd moralistic towers where they would act altruistic at all times, but what the heck do I have to do with some dumb ass my boss hired acting a fool? That's not my problem, that's my bosses problem.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TitoMB345 said:

It's in the article linked in the OG post of this thread.

FTA:

> When reached by ESPN on Monday night, La Russa said, "I have nothing to say," and he hung up the phone.

> A White Sox spokesman said the organization was aware of the incident.

> "Because this is an active case," he said, "we cannot comment further at this time."

EDIT:

Wait, I realize now that I am misinterpreting this. I think the "was aware" was throwing me off, but they probably just mean "is aware".

Yeah, I haven't scoured all of the reports but now I'm starting to think all the sox did was confirm it, but we don't know a timeline.

Hard for me to believe, as someone said, that it could not be known. No way he doesn't get a background check, I assume the process is outsourced regardless, so it's not like it's just a handshake thing.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Yeah, I haven't scoured all of the reports but now I'm starting to think all the sox did was confirm it, but we don't know a timeline.

Hard for me to believe, as someone said, that it could not be known. No way he doesn't get a background check, I assume the process is outsourced regardless, so it's not like it's just a handshake thing.

For this franchise? Again, I'll take that bet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Other point:

He's been caught twice. How many times has he been out without having hit a curb or fallen asleep? 

Isn't the report that he called the police after hitting the curb, basically telling on himself. Hilarious; then he became belligerent, likely asking the cops if they knew who he was as he did last time. When this tape releases it will be even more embarrassing.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Other point:

He's been caught twice. How many times has he been out without having hit a curb or fallen asleep? 

This is the biggest point. It's a problem and one that can't be solved by hiring him. I fucking hate this situation and want to cry for all the victims of drunk driving and the bad light that accepting this as an organization puts them in. This is PUTRID 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Isn't the report that he called the police after hitting the curb, basically telling on himself. Hilarious; then he became belligerent, likely asking the cops if they knew who he was as he did last time. When this tape releases it will be even more embarrassing.

Can I ask where you saw that? I haven't read every article and now am curious which one to read.