La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

26 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

THEN F***ING RESIGN. THEY SHOULD HAVE ALREADY.

THIS ISN'T A HARD DECISION ANY MORE. HE COULD LITERALLY HAVE KILLED SOMEONE.

Yup, as long as he doesn’t work for the Sox he can’t find a bar & a car!  It’s now up to Rick Hahn & KW to save lives by resigning from their front office positions!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, bmags said:

If I got one of the thirty greatest jobs in the world, would I resign because my owner hired his old hall of fame pal who just got convicted of a DUI.

The answer is no. I would ride that horse to the sunset.

Thank you!  I get the anger over this, but demanded Rick Hahn resign from a dream job in his hometown of Chicago is just laughable.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Thank you!  I get the anger over this, but demanded Rick Hahn resign from a dream job in his hometown of Chicago is just laughable.

He'll ride it for 1 more year and then he can go have that same job across town! It'll be awesome. Go Sox!

28 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Blood on their hands? Because Tony is only capable of driving drunk due to his employer?

Give it a rest.

He has no business being hired for this job, and it's a position with plenty of qualified candidates that don't come with baggage so heavy you gotta pay extra, but Tony La Russa is a grown man and him being a POS doesn't mean Rick Hahn would have blood on his hands for decisions Tony La Russa made. Jaysus.

Great post.  In Balta’s warped mind, if Rick Hahn doesn’t resign he’s basically an accomplice for whatever La Russa does behind the wheel.  

21 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

I have no words to describe how truly disgusted I am with the organization right now. So much false hope, so much of the same as it ever was.

It’s not even the organization, it’s literally one dude we should be mad at.  Unfortunately for us, Jerry Reinsdorf doesn’t give a fuck about his fanbase and put his need to make up for his biggest “mistake” ever at the expense of his front office, players, & fanbase.  People need to direct their anger at him and him alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is front page espn right now and getting picked up everywhere. You either own up to it and make the right choice or you basically silently condone this by no action and that sends a wonderful message to the 25 young men you have to lead next season, plus the fanbase and the city of Chicago. 

3 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I'm infuriated, embarassed, and so frustrated as a Sox fan. Fuck this.

I don’t know why a free agent would consider playing for this mess, unless they have no other comparable options. Don’t forget Portillos mentioned the hire would kill our chances with FA.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t know why a free agent would consider playing for this mess, unless they have no other comparable options. Don’t forget Portillos mentioned the hire would kill our chances with FA.

$$$ during a pandemic. I want to hear what Portillos has to say. 

Just was thinking, I was actually in Phoenix a year ago, going between the airport, hotel, and conference center, several times not sober. From personal experience, there's a ton of public transportation in that area. It's not that hard to find, even late. 

I also found a Lou Malnati's on the train route. 

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Hopefully just a way for Tony to save as he steps away "willingly" to focus on himself and his health.

Some would say family but no one believes that with Tony.

I agree. That may be the only way to get out of this mess.

Ozzie Guillen or Sandy Alomar, Jr as manager and Justin Jirschele as bench coach sounds really good right about now.

Alcoholism is a tough illness to battle but the White Sox had to get in front of this. Now they just look so White Sox.