La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

JR doesnt care.  This is a billionaire and his personal playground.  This proves once and for all he doesnt care about winning.  He just cares about what makes Jerry happy.  

I joked in the other thread that JR just wanted his drinking buddies in the org with him and now I feel bad about it probably being true.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, mqr said:

I’d rather have someone who cheated at a game than someone who got so drunk they fell asleep at the wheel TWICE

191019035329-chicago-police-superintende

He lost his job.  This due process crap is great.  This is TLR's second time.  There is enough smoke to see that there is fire.  

• Like 3

Here's the answer to Steve Stone's riddle of why it's okay to have an opinion on this:

In Arizona, if you are arrested for DUI and continue to refuse the breathalyzer, then you'll have to surrender your license immediately. Moreover, you'll lose your license automatically for at least a year. ... Refusing the test is a violation of implied consent, and license suspension is the automatic penalty.

https://monitechnc.com/stopped-for-dui-in-arizona-do-i-refuse-the-breath-test/#:~:text=In Arizona%2C if you are,for at least a year.&text=Refusing the test is a,suspension is the automatic penalty.

42 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

His email address is SREIFERT@chisox.com

Brooks Boyer is bboyer@chisox.com

Hopefully people feel free to let them know what people think.

I know it won’t do anything, but I just emailed Reifert the following which made me feel better

SUBJECT: La Russa

”What a displaceable coaching hire and you guys should be absolutely embarrassed right now.  You literally had an opportunity to win back the city & develop a new lifeline of Sox fans, but instead you undid all the goodwill you created in one fair swoop.  For better or worse, I’m stuck with this team regardless of the frequent frustration it brings to my life, but I’m done trying to get my sons invested in an organization that knowingly hired a 76 year old arrested for his second DUI to be their manager.  They deserve much better than an organization who puts the owner’s personal needs over the well-being of their own players and fanbase.”

• Like 3

Interestingly, just before LaRussa took over the Diamondbacks, they had a few DUI issues. Mark Grace was fired from being their TV color man for 2 DUIs. The DBacks also fired a mascot in 2009 for a DUI. 
 http://www.sportsrubbish.com/2009/01/20/baseball/mlb/arizona-diamondbacks-fire-mascot-d-baxter-the-bobcat-after-dui-arrest/#.X6oTSWhKhPY
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/diamondbacks/2013/01/14/mark-grace-comments-on-diamondbacks-firing-following-dui/1835079/

overthemonster.com/2014/3/19/5524840/mlb-dui-arrests-jon-denney

• Thanks 1

Get a DUI as a Private in the United States Army?

You’ll probably scrub the latrines every single day while they take months processing an awful discharge that provides no benefits and prohibits you from ever getting a good job again.

Get a DUI as a guy who’s been in and around Major League Baseball for nearly sixty years?

You’ll get to manage one of the hottest up and coming teams in the game!

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I know it won’t do anything, but I just emailed Reifert the following which made me feel better

SUBJECT: La Russa

”What a displaceable coaching hire and you guys should be absolutely embarrassed right now.  You literally had an opportunity to win back the city & develop a new lifeline of Sox fans, but instead you undid all the goodwill you created in one fair swoop.  For better or worse, I’m stuck with this team regardless of the frequent frustration it brings to my life, but I’m done trying to get my sons invested in an organization that knowingly hired a 76 year old arrested for his second DUI to be their manager.  They deserve much better than an organization who puts the owner’s personal needs over the well-being of their own players and fanbase.”

Well said!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I wonder if the Sox go out and make a big splash to cover this news up. Jerry is about to overspend on someone to overshadow this

Let's hope so.

Interesting question: Before the offseason, if you had the chance to sign up for an offseason that consisted of hiring TLR after another DUI and also signing Trevor Bauer, would you do it?

I think I would take it.  Is that selfish of me? Yep, without a doubt.

P.S. TLR is a piece of shit.

39 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

un fucking real

Why would he lose his job or be disciplined because of a crime the organization knew about before hiring him?  Reinsdorf doesn’t give a fuck about us and is going to put an end of his biggest “mistake” even if it destroys any goodwill they built from this rebuild.  I’ve put up with a lot of Jerry Reinsdorf over the years and have tried not to be a pure hater, but undermining his GM to hire his old buddy coming fresh off a DUI arrest is absolutely appalling and shows how truly selfish the guy is.