La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

If I were to guess the organization will fire him within 24 hours or this will be hanging over his head too much that he will have people telling him to resign. I’m thinking the latter but we’ll see. Nightengale’s article is concerning. 

They knew he was arrested.  They chose 1.) Not to disclose this 2.) To hire him anyway    Zero fucks are given by JR to anyones feelings. This is a business and his personal playground. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

If I were to guess the organization will fire him within 24 hours or this will be hanging over his head too much that he will have people telling him to resign. I’m thinking the latter but we’ll see. Nightengale’s article is concerning. 

We already were told from Reinsdorf that he won't be fired or punished.

As for the idea that he'll resign because he doesn't want to be a distraction, which I've seen a lot of people suggest, I'll just advise that you don't do that to yourself. It would be fantastic, and it's the right thing to do, but we're stuck with this guy, and I don't see a reason to try and believe otherwise. Of course, I hope I am wrong

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

This crosses the line. Rooting for the Ricketts is easier than rooting for TLR and the Sox now, easily.

@Balta1701 you better join me as well given how critical you have been. I totally agree with your takes here.

You agree Rick Hahn will have blood on his hands if he doesn’t resign over this?

Edited by Chicago White Sox

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Serious question now: anyone here who would not take Renteria back right now, if those were the only 2 options?

No. I don’t expect anyone to like this take, but this is a game. A very enjoyable game, but a game nonetheless. I don’t use it to teach my children morals. I use it to be entertained. Ricky made the game suck. I’ll stress morals when I talk about politics, but here, give me the best possible gameplay.

2 minutes ago, Danny Dravot said:

No. I don’t expect anyone to like this take, but this is a game. A very enjoyable game, but a game nonetheless. I don’t use it to teach my children morals. I use it to be entertained. Ricky made the game suck. I’ll stress morals when I talk about politics, but here, give me the best possible gameplay.

La russa is a clown. Id take bozo over him.

Could it have been a thing where LaRussa was getting canned, because of the DUI, from his advisory role with whatever team he was doing that for recently?  And Then Jerry offered him the manager position so he'd have some role in MLB still?  IT'S SOOO FUCKING HARD TO RACK MY BRAIN AROUND THIS WHOLE ORDEAL...

3 minutes ago, Danny Dravot said:

Then Hinch should of been the hire even before Drinky woke up from his "its 5 oclock somewhere" nap.  

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

La russa is a clown. Id take bozo over him.

I wanted AJ Hinch. A fellow Sox fan and in the office announced that we had hired LaRussa and my immediate, out loud reaction was “What the fuck.” So I wasn’t a huge fan but it did grow on me slightly.

But I still wouldn’t take back Ricky fucking Renteria.

The only pr save the Sox could do is have Tony “step away” and release a statement that says something about Jerry taking a chance on him and helping him get his life together by getting him back in the game but with it coming to light ,  he does not want to bring the unnecessary drama on the organization and will step away to focus on bettering himself.

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

The only pr save the Sox could do is have Tony “step away” and release a statement that says something about Jerry taking a chance on him and helping him get his life together by getting him back in the game but with it coming to light ,  he does not want to bring the unnecessary drama on the organization and will step away to focus on bettering himself.

I think this is a real possibility but in the back of my mind I keep thinking.... we're talking about TLR right now. He loves all attention; always has. Guy might be enjoying this.

Just now, maloney.adam said:

This would be the right thing to do but I doubt it happens. The Nightengale article pretty much refutes it. 

If expensive free agents decide not to come here how does that hurt JR.  He doesnt care about the media.  He doesnt care about the fans.  He wants to right his wrongs with his friend. 

13 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I think this is a real possibility but in the back of my mind I keep thinking.... we're talking about TLR right now. He loves all attention; always has. Guy might be enjoying this.

Nobody loves Tony more than Tony

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

When does the AL MVP winner get announced?  Pretty sad that Jose possibly winning will now get partly overly over-shadowed by this bullshit.

Thursday. I bet one of the first questions will be "have you spoken yet with Tony La Russa?' and he'll give the same answer as TA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2