La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

2 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

It's all part of the plan. Reinsdorf is setting the marketing team up for the a wildly successful keychain breathalyzer night

Reverse mortgages, medicare supplemental coverage, hard alcohol endorsements... the possibilities are endless.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

44 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hopefully someone is making some discrete calls right now.

What if said candidates left prefer to avoid this dumpster fire organization? The pooch may have already been screwed.

Edited by RagahRagah

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Then you move on. 

Look there are only 30 jobs like this in MLB.  Someone will take the job.

I hope you see my point, though. There definitely can and likely will be some consequences from the organization being this bush league and stupid. 

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

Luckily i am not affected in any way by drunk drivers, but i can imagine the rage i would feel right now towards this org if someone i loved died because of one. Truly a disgusting act by both uncle jerry and larussa. 

Between this and apparently no words or collaboration between TLR and the players/coaches, this is just looking like a catastrophe.

10 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

And LaRussa was at Glenn Beck's anti-Obama rally in front of the Lincoln Memorial on the 47th anniversary of Dr. King's I Have a Dream speech.

At the time Tony did say that what you call an anti-Obama rally was not political.  Seriously.  (I know it was, you guys.)  In Tony's defense, none of us should fault the guy for being a Republican.  It's his right.

• Like 1

Not Steve Cishek also tweeted that various White Sox players and staffers are mortified by the TLR situation and some speculate that Giolito is likely to sign a contract extension now than he was before but we all know how credible Not Steve Cishek is. 

Edited by maloney.adam

4 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

At the time Tony did say that what you call an anti-Obama rally was not political.  Seriously.  (I know it was, you guys.)  In Tony's defense, none of us should fault the guy for being a Republican.  It's his right.

I’ll bet he also insisted he was fine to drive.

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Not Steve Cishek also tweeted that the players are being tight lipped about this but we all know how credible he is. Lol

Assuming any of this is true:

1) Yes, because the Tigers are dealing SOOOOO much scandal.

2) Leave Kenny and Rick holding the bag for a stupid ass decision is even more stupid ass.

3) "The promise to spend more was starting to outweigh this hire" - so La Russa's er...prestige?...was supposed to attract people?