La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Oh come on, the guy literally had charges filed against him the day before the press conference and they all said nothing of it. What is one to conclude other than they didn’t want to have to comment on it at the time, so they kept their mouths shut about it? That’s a lie of omission, they didn’t want to deal with it at their press conference so they hid it. They have a legal right to do so, but it tells you their motivation; they covered it up so that their press conference would look better. That’s a lie of omission, not releasing info you have to avoid hard questions about that info.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie#Types_and_associated_terms

Sounds like the definition of Advertising to me .

Just like the day after the hiring...I felt worse about it. The day after this news I can say for certain: The White Sox are pathetic. Cheers to devoting my life fandom to an absolute dumpster fire. Thanks dad for all the games at Comiskey when I was 5-9 years old, i never expected this journey would lead me to telling my son...please just be a Braves fan. I beg you. (context, we live 8 minutes from the Braves ballpark and he is torn between sox and braves loyalty)

Edited by EloyJenkins

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

Maybe it was just me but them shelling out money for Stroman never even entered my mind. 

I get this mindset but at the same time you should still be pissed that they have apparently shut off the avenue regardless 

3 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Bigger picture is that even though no one else tweeted about, it could still mean they are turned off from signing here. This hire was a mistake from the get go to be honest.

Yeah but they don't give a shit. Anybody else think here that they were gonna go out and shell out huge money for a free agent pitcher? 

52 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He never will. In fact, the anger many had at the hire, just dug him in deeper. Remeber when the Sox won the division in 1983? His first comments weren't about winning they were about Harry Caray and Jimmy Piersall being "wrong" and scum. When the Sox won the division in 2000, it wasn't about his exciting young team, his first comments were to the people that ripped the white flag trade, letting them know he was right and they were wrong. He isn't going to admit being wrong here, especially since he already had this information when he made the hire.

^This post should stick around a lot longer.

The dorf likes to take his own high road.  Of course he's a rat in the bottom of the sewer, but that's his road and that's as high as it can get.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

And the silence from the Sox gets more deafening by the hour.  What a shit show.

Yep, they are making this a PR crisis now.  They could have nipped it in the bud any number of ways at this point.  Silence was their worst option and shows a lack of leadership.  I wonder if Hahn is preparing his resignation letter if TLR doesn't.

• Like 1

What does it matter anyway? People on here were happy to not shell out resources for pitchers last year and were more than happy to sacrifice playoff games if it meant getting Cease or Lopez time. Here's your plan in action. Another year of it.