La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

I'm all in favor of Sox fans filling up mailboxes of Sox PR people, but the Stroman comments are soooooooo damning.

The arguable (and it's a pretty easy arugment to make) #2 SP on the FA market is basically telegraphing, publicly, his previous intentions of signing with this team.  And now it's almost like he's mad that he can't even take an interview without deprecating his moral positions beforehand.  That is sooooooooo bad.

I mean, damn.  

Fuck jerry reinsdorf so hard if he can't change the course after all of this.  

• Like 1

Just now, Sockin said:

sreifert@chisox.com and bboyer@chisox.com

I think it will become bigger than a fan response. I can see the White Sox getting pressure from their media outlets. board members and advertisers to move on from TLR.  Maybe I am naive, but think the FO is circling the wagons today trying to find the best way out of this dilemma. 

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

If the team knew it and hired him anyway, he isn't going to step aside now. They wouldn't have hired him in the first place. I was against hiring him, that was before I knew he was a multiple DUI guy. He needs rehab. If he's sincere, it will help him.

Funny how Tony wants his team to be sincere about bat flips when Tony isn't sincere about the danger of driving drunk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

I think it will become bigger than a fan response. I can see the White Sox getting pressure from their media outlets. board members and advertisers to move on from TLR.  Maybe I am naive, but think the FO is circling the wagons today trying to find the best way out of this dilemma. 

This is the only way. 

Edit: if thousands of Sox fans came together and put pressure on Sox advertisers that would certainly help.

Edited by reiks12

9 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Funny how Tony wants his team to be sincere about bat flips when Tony isn't sincere about the danger of driving drunk.

Take it farther. Funny how Tony very publicly said Colin Kaepernick was insincere for his protest, but his own 2007 statement that it would never happen again was sincere. I wonder why LaRummy gets more credit for sincerity than Kaepernick? 

18 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The Sox ruled him out first.  

Harold, what does this even mean? Even if the Sox had not expressed interest yet - at all - there's no way Stroman would know that for a fact.

It's not as if his agent called him and told him to go scorched earth because the Sox called and said they had no interest in a 5'9 SP in his thirties.

it's very possible the Sox have zero interest in Stroman, but the odds that Stroman would know that and act out in this way because of that is near zero.

Fact is, you've been loving this hire since it was made so you aren't exactly an unbias source of information regarding the negative impacts of this hiring.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

Yeah and this actually COUlD turn out very well if LaRussa resigned which I think and hope he will. That would be the right thing actually. Namely LaRussa put out a statement to the effect of thanking the Sox for hiring him in spite of the mess he got himself into but deciding that for everyone's best interest he would focus on putting his life back together and straighten himself out.

My pick from the onset was Alomar but I also like Bochey as well. Bochey is the more experienced guy and has won championships while Alomar is a "god" among the Spanish community and has a great knowledge of baseball and especially pitching.

Does LaRussa honestly strike anybody as the type that would "do the right thing" for others and actually resign?

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Harold, what does this even mean? Even if the Sox had not expressed interest yet - at all - there's no way Stroman would know that for a fact.

It's not as if his agent called him and told him to go scorched earth because the Sox called and said they had no interest in a 5'9 SP in his thirties.

it's very possible the Sox have zero interest in Stroman, but the odds that Stroman would know that and act out in this way because of that is near zero.

Fact is, you've been loving this hire since it was made so you aren't exactly an unbias source of information regarding the negative impacts of this hiring.

To be honest, Harold was saying no Stroman before these tweets

Just now, fathom said:

Someone please tell me Harold's track record. Why do we believe him? Portillos Hamburger got two moves WAY before anyone and he said the Sox were interested in Stroman. Not trying to cause conflict, genuinely asking

• Thanks 1

Just now, manbearpuig said:

Assuming he's our manager on opening day, does anyone honestly see this going beyond a season if it is a disaster?

Yes. LaRummy will say that his GM didn’t get him the right kind of players and the GM Will lose that fight.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I get that, and I don't doubt for one second that the Sox had less interest in a pitcher like Stroman but the fact is there's no way they would have told Stroman that already, and if they did they are complete morons who eliminate leverage with other FA's by stating that one isn't even on their radar.

So portraying this as Stroman lashing out because the Sox told him they weren't interested just seems wrong.

• Thanks 1