La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

Just now, Orlando said:

Someone please tell me Harold's track record. Why do we believe him? Portillos Hamburger got two moves WAY before anyone and he said the Sox were interested in Stroman. Not trying to cause conflict, genuinely asking

Harold has nailed a ton of things, him and James are 1 and 1a in terms of reporting info

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Someone please tell me Harold's track record. Why do we believe him? Portillos Hamburger got two moves WAY before anyone and he said the Sox were interested in Stroman. Not trying to cause conflict, genuinely asking

Harold does indeed have sources... He just comes off as a little "deushy".. Unlike Y2Jimmy.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Assuming he's our manager on opening day, does anyone honestly see this going beyond a season if it is a disaster?

This isn't even what sucks. Reinsdorf has zero way out of this without looking bad. The only actions he can possibly take from here are for saving face; this is purely a catch 22 situation now. This is the FULL incompetence of this franchise undoubtedly exposed. The damage is done. There are a lot of ways this can affect us negatively from here on out. The Stroman comments are damning whether we seek him or not. And if not... is that already a bad sign of what might come in the offseason?

Only thing we can do is pray for best case scenario. We'll have to be lucky.

Edited by RagahRagah

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

Thank you. That is surprising because James literally said the Sox would be interested in Stroman.

I think Harold has guys connected to Jerry and Jimmy has guys connected to Hahn. That’s the disconnect.

Edited by Sockin

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

ct-spt-white-sox-rick-renteria-job-secur

"Miss me yet?"

It is absolutely incredible how continuously this team can make us call for the head of a manager, only for him to finally get fired and then immediately want that person back once they move on to the next person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, fathom said:

I agree with this, but don’t you think the bigger issue is some players might feel this way that they are interested in?

What you are seeing is the jerry reinsdorf org special. 

Any action or criticism against them is just proof they were right.

Stroman publicly criticizing their failhire? That’s just proof their scouting was correct.

This owner and reactive scout contingent have a case of the oughtas. Players oughta just do what they are told and stfo and let me and control them and be happy about it.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Harold has nailed a ton of things, him and James are 1 and 1a in terms of reporting info

Which is fine, and he absolutely called the La Russa hiring, but the thing he is now claiming literally goes against business 101, and baseball agenting 101. There's just no chance Marcus Stroman knows the Sox have zero interest in him this early in an off-season.

7 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Is there a compiled list of white sox sponsers? Id like to contact some saying how disappointed i am in them for supporting this shitty organization who believes drinking and driving racists pricks are ok.

Honestly, this might get their attention. That’s big money.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Which is fine, and he absolutely called the La Russa hiring, but the thing he is now claiming literally goes against business 101, and baseball agenting 101. There's just no chance Marcus Stroman knows the Sox have zero interest in him this early in an off-season.

I would think if the Sox haven’t reached out to his agent by now, Stroman figures there’s no interest there.

33 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

I think it will become bigger than a fan response. I can see the White Sox getting pressure from their media outlets. board members and advertisers to move on from TLR.  Maybe I am naive, but think the FO is circling the wagons today trying to find the best way out of this dilemma

The longer the silence goes, the more I tend to agree with you.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I would think if the Sox haven’t reached out to his agent by now, Stroman figures there’s no interest there.

Which is nonsense though; last off-season, to use it as an example, there were guys who signed with teams that didn't reach out to them at all until December or January.

Typically you're going to focus on certain guys early - as the Sox did with Grandal - and as the off-season evolves you may shift your focus or desires and reach out to new players. Especially in this current environment where all teams are being hesitant to do anything with Corona, this off-season will likely take even longer to develop and play out.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Regardless, making a scene about a team that figures to be a large player in your free agency is a short sighted financial decision. 

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I already cancelled my season tickets with the hiring so I'm all out of leverage.

I think cancelling tickets and following up after all of this and saying "this is bullshit and I was right to cancel" resonates.  I really do

• Like 2