La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

25 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Just curious, have any of you who emailed or called the Sox gotten a response?

I went through several different channels, and haven't heard a word back. I'm expecting it to stay that way. 

They don't care about us as fans. What more evidence do we need?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Does LaRussa honestly strike anybody as the type that would "do the right thing" for others and actually resign?

No. But then, stranger things have happened. I think that this all is on Jerry once again. He and LaRussa should have a heart to heart chat and Tony should step away and get cleaned up. He has larger issues going on with himself than managing a baseball team. He is an alcoholic and that in itself should mean something to both he and Reinny.

2 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

The crazy thing is it's not like this is the end of the controversy - it's the beginning.  This is not just fading away, it will rear its head again at the end of the proceeding.  "Wait it out" is all well and good if Tony beats the charge, but what if he doesn't?  Remember - this isn't a case where there's merely a breathalyzer refusal.  The police obtained a subpoena to draw his blood.  After obtaining (and presumably testing) his blood they decided to bring charges.  It doesn't look particularly good for TLR.  If they're going to hire him no matter what (which seems likely) they should just announce it now rather than letting this linger for months.

The next shoe to drop is the camera showing him saying something racist or sexist, etc. (not saying this happened, but would it shock you)

7 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

No I’m not and btw I’m not going to stop sharing Al’s Cheesy Beef’s tweets just because you don’t like the tweets. Just joking, going forward I’ll just post PortillosHamburger tweets. 😉

One thing to consider is Portillos follows Al’s cheesy lol don’t feel bad about sharing his stuff! If it wasn’t for you we would not know Portillos.

Edited by Orlando

6 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

The crazy thing is it's not like this is the end of the controversy - it's the beginning.  This is not just fading away, it will rear its head again at the end of the proceeding.  "Wait it out" is all well and good if Tony beats the charge, but what if he doesn't?  Remember - this isn't a case where there's merely a breathalyzer refusal.  The police obtained a subpoena to draw his blood.  After obtaining (and presumably testing) his blood they decided to bring charges.  It doesn't look particularly good for TLR.  If they're going to hire him no matter what (which seems likely) they should just announce it now rather than letting this linger for months.

Oh, just wait until the video gets released. that's when this will get real fun!

11 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

No I’m not and btw I’m not going to stop sharing Al’s Cheesy Beef’s tweets just because you don’t like the tweets. Just joking, going forward I’ll just post PortillosHamburger tweets. 😉

Al's and Portillos=katyperrysbootyhole and wetbutt23

Edited by Jack Parkman

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Contact the team and let them know.

My dad and I had a 10 game plan and we chose not to renew and I let Brooks Boyer know about it.  He surprisingly responded within a day.  He basically said "Not much I can say but I get it.  I get the frustration, the disappointment and understand why fans are shaking their heads."  And then he mentioned hopefully we can turn our attention to the field and the players.  He also thanked me for actually putting my name on it...I guess they get a lot of anonymous emails complaining?  I am sure this is going to be nightmare for him and others in the FO not named Reinsdorf.

• Like 3

Rick Hahn made a string of moves in the last 3 years that look very good. His next move should be to resign from the White Sox.

If he wants to stay in baseball, I'm sure he would have many opportunities. Being overruled by JR can't be fun. Before that it seemed

he would be overruled by KW. The 2 times I remember are the Semien ,Bassitt trade(kids for vet) and the Shields fiasco(kid for vet).

Both looked like KW moves to me.

• Thanks 1