La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

Can someone repost the email addresses I can voice my displeasure to?

Brooks Boyer seems to respond to people pretty well. I wrote him a letter one time about an internship and he called me out of the blue. My dad wrote him one time saying whatever he saw was not baseball after the Sox got beat 20-1 by Minnesota in 2009 and he gave my dad free tickets.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

“I had one glass of wine”. So he also lied.

I get the whole "never blow" thing when it comes to breathalyzers and DUIs... but... if I had a single glass of wine at dinner, I'd have no issues blowing.  You don't blow because you know you're going to blow over, and know you're in the wrong, and the breathalyzer is irrefutable evidence that you broke the law.

It was fortunate for Tony he managed so many years in STL which thanks to anheiser busch owning the state legislature has the most liberal alcohol laws in the country. My favorite was you were allowed 1 less open containers in your vehicle than people.

Do we have any belief that this was just the second time Tony put others in danger?

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Oh, just wait until the video gets released. that's when this will get real fun!

...and it looks like even before that we'll get the drip drip drip of releases from the police report and other sources.  Maybe we'll get some nice quotes from people inside the org that will be contradicted by later evidence, sparking nice little side controversies.  We've got all the makings of a worst-case PR nightmare.

3 minutes ago, Ben Waffleson said:

This couldn't be more of a disaster. Forget liking/disliking this as a baseball move. Feels like we've just shot ourselves in the foot.

I honestly wouldn’t blame Timmy and others if they demanded a trade. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I honestly wouldn’t blame Timmy and others if they demanded a trade. 

At this point, I imagine the players will be demanding the firing of TLR before they demand trades.  If the organization refuses, then you'll start to see the trade requests or mutiny.  

Edited by ChiHawks10

This is the response I got from Brooks Boyer on my email......

Thanks for reaching out.

Not much I can say but I get it.  I get the frustration, the disappointment and understand why fans are shaking their heads.

I think you are right that our attention needs to be on the players on the field.  Three Silver Sluggers, one Gold Glove and hoping for a MVP that will be playing for us next season.  These guys have worked to the point of competitive baseball and I hope that when we start playing that the energy and focus goes on them. 

Again, thanks for reaching out.  I do appreciate it.

All the best and stay healthy,

Brooks 

• Like 4

Just now, ChiHawks10 said:

At this point, I imagine the players will be demanding the firing of TLR before they demand trades.  If the organization refuses, then you'll start to see the trade requests.

Yep that’s what I meant. Basically saying he goes or they go.

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Thanks for reaching out.

Not much I can say but I get it.  I get the frustration, the disappointment and understand why fans are shaking their heads.

I think you are right that our attention needs to be on the players on the field.  Three Silver Sluggers, one Gold Glove and hoping for a MVP that will be playing for us next season.  These guys have worked to the point of competitive baseball and I hope that when we start playing that the energy and focus goes on them. 

Brooks 

Man, I fucking feel for Boyer here. You can tell why he's exasperated in this email.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Thanks for reaching out.

Brooks 

The energy and focus will be on the players if we don't have TLR as manager.  If he is still the manager, then odds are the focus will still be on TLR 100%, and for good reason.

• Thanks 1