La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

'On the day of his guilty plea to the 2007 DUI, La Russa said in a statement: "I accept full responsibility for my conduct, and assure everyone that I have learned a very valuable lesson and that this will never occur again." '

Fuck Tony La Russa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

I am collecting a list of sponsers and contact information and will post them later in the day. A template would probably be nice for people to follow as well

Any car sponsors?  If so, someone on twitter please ask them if that shitty old man was driving one of their cars when he got the dui.

Just now, SouthWallace said:

'On the day of his guilty plea to the 2007 DUI, La Russa said in a statement: "I accept full responsibility for my conduct, and assure everyone that I have learned a very valuable lesson and that this will never occur again." '

Fuck Tony La Russa

It's OK if he's sincere. 

• Haha 1

Advertisers and sponsors:

Wintrust - https://www.wintrust.com/contact-us.html

Guaranteed Rate - customercare@rate.com

United - https://twitter.com/united (cant find an email for this type of complaint, but they do have an active twitter)

Goose Island - @gooseisland (they stress to drink responsibly, how ironic of the situation)

Modelo - @ModeloUSA

It is difficult to find sponsors for whatever reason but I am sure there are a lot more

• Like 3

Too bad baseball commish can't step in and suspend Tony one full season. Sox should just bring back RR for a year and give him a shot to win it all with the team he helped mold. He can be interim. What an example of good guy vs. bad: grandpa nice guy RR vs. Troubled Tony LaRussa, the legit ring-owner.

I am sorry I was one of 1 or 2 fans on the site elated when Sox hired Tony. I thought he'd made one mistake years ago and learned from it. I had no idea he was this kind of a jerk/lawbreaker. I apologize.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Any car sponsors?  If so, someone on twitter please ask them if that shitty old man was driving one of their cars when he got the dui.

Mazda of Orland Park, gave away one of their cars through white sox charities last year.

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

I think it will become bigger than a fan response. I can see the White Sox getting pressure from their media outlets. board members and advertisers to move on from TLR.  Maybe I am naive, but think the FO is circling the wagons today trying to find the best way out of this dilemma. 

The best way out of this is to have a press conference, which Reinsdorf must attend, and say WE'RE SORRY! Something we teach our kids and grandkids to say. The longer they delay the worse it will become. No running away or hiding  from this mistake. 

Edited by Saufley
  • Like 1

Just now, Saufley said:

The best way out of this is to have a press conference, which Reinsdorf must attend, and say WE'RE SORRY! Something we teach our kids and grandkids to say. The longer they delay the worse it will become. No running away from this mistake. 

I mean... it's more than a "We're sorry" that is needed.  We need a "TLR has been relieved of his duties as White Sox manager.  We wish him the best in his recovery from an addiction to alcohol."

1 minute ago, ChiHawks10 said:

I mean... it's more than a "We're sorry" that is needed.  We need a "TLR has been relieved of his duties as White Sox manager.  We wish him the best in his recovery from an addiction to alcohol."

In no way did I mean just a "SORRY" and move on. Make no mistake that LaRuusa has to go!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea, sounds like a guy ready to resign.  Feel for the guys in this org that have to put up with this clown show from their boss.

Lol no. This is a tactic businesses use to address angry customers. The Sox knew about TLR before the hire and read the info about his arrest. Like most businesses, they will say they understand frustration and wait for the noise to die down, which it will after free agent signings. Fans won't be at the parks probably until June, so they don't care about angst. 

I emailed my rep earlier today with this question.   

How do I go about canceling my season ticket order? The news that the Sox knew of LaRussa's DUI is disturbing to me.

response

I appreciate your email as we do care about the opinions/feedback from our loyal fans like you. I will forward your email over to my manager for him to then forward on to the higher ups. We are definitely not taking anything lightly as it is a serious matter.

Hopefully I will get a response to share with you soon. We do appreciate you sticking with us right now! 2021 will be an exciting year, we don’t want you to miss out. I hope you reconsider not leaving us.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

So it seems like people are getting the same general response

"I understand your frustration

-

We have great players

-

Thanks for reaching out"

Well, do you expect these ticket reps to craft individual emails to 100's of people? Even responding is probably better than most organizations. At the end of the day Jerry doesn't really care if you cancel your season tickets at all, he just doesn't This is a man who runs campaigns like Ballpark Pass to get as many people in the door, but not to count as in the door, so that they can sell you the expensive parking, beer, etc. while keeping the tickets sold under the amount determined in the sweetheart lease. He's a money man. Everything is second to money. 

This orginization, just like the bulls and bears (and blackhawks before) all need ownership to die off for better days ahead. 

• Like 2

No one person is bigger than the Team.  I was plenty willing to overlook TL's age but this new info has become a distraction.  Hire Bochy and let's get the coaches lined up.  JR has a responsibility to the team, it's employees and it's fans to do the right thing.  

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Lol no. This is a tactic businesses use to address angry customers. The Sox knew about TLR before the hire and read the info about his arrest. Like most businesses, they will say they understand frustration and wait for the noise to die down, which it will after free agent signings. Fans won't be at the parks probably until June, so they don't care about angst. 

The noise isn't going to die down.  In fact it's just getting started.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I emailed my rep earlier today with this question.   

How do I go about canceling my season ticket order? The news that the Sox knew of LaRussa's DUI is disturbing to me.

response

I appreciate your email as we do care about the opinions/feedback from our loyal fans like you. I will forward your email over to my manager for him to then forward on to the higher ups. We are definitely not taking anything lightly as it is a serious matter.

Hopefully I will get a response to share with you soon. We do appreciate you sticking with us right now! 2021 will be an exciting year, we don’t want you to miss out. I hope you reconsider not leaving us.

BRING THE RAIN!