La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

1 minute ago, BrianAnderson said:

Well, do you expect these ticket reps to craft individual emails to 100's of people? Even responding is probably better than most organizations. At the end of the day Jerry doesn't really care if you cancel your season tickets at all, he just doesn't This is a man who runs campaigns like Ballpark Pass to get as many people in the door, but not to count as in the door, so that they can sell you the expensive parking, beer, etc. while keeping the tickets sold under the amount determined in the sweetheart lease. He's a money man. Everything is second to money. 

This orginization, just like the bulls and bears (and blackhawks before) all need ownership to die off for better days ahead. 

also i get that doesn't make sense - the whole money counts - and we're talking with our money ...

he doesn't care. he hasn't cared for a decade when we were in the tank ... its all a math equation when seats aren't filled to make the most money w a small payroll. now? it's a bunch of weak threats.. we say were going to cancel. We say we wont watch or support ... but when it comes down to it if the team goes 100-62 we will be in those seats, drinking $15 beer and watching on tV too... its just the reality. For every die hard fan that walks away, there will be 10 more bandwagon fans who jump on during winning. He's not worried. 

I get the inconsistencies in my argument - i guess im trying to convey outside of like tim anderson, abreu, giolito and a few others banding togehter? this will blow over and we'll take our sox medicine and like it. 

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Lol no. This is a tactic businesses use to address angry customers. The Sox knew about TLR before the hire and read the info about his arrest. Like most businesses, they will say they understand frustration and wait for the noise to die down, which it will after free agent signings. Fans won't be at the parks probably until June, so they don't care about angst. 

Exactly, they knew all about this. It isn't a surprise, and they hired him anyway. Getting rid of him now isn't being legit or sincere. We know all about this with the current president and his scandals. Give it a week or two and Tony the Drunk is old news.

Edited by Dick Allen

5 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Well, do you expect these ticket reps to craft individual emails to 100's of people? Even responding is probably better than most organizations. At the end of the day Jerry doesn't really care if you cancel your season tickets at all, he just doesn't This is a man who runs campaigns like Ballpark Pass to get as many people in the door, but not to count as in the door, so that they can sell you the expensive parking, beer, etc. while keeping the tickets sold under the amount determined in the sweetheart lease. He's a money man. Everything is second to money. 

This orginization, just like the bulls and bears (and blackhawks before) all need ownership to die off for better days ahead. 

Don't kid yourself ......getting money in advance is better then waiting for it to trickle in game by game. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Don't kid yourself ......getting money in advance is better then waiting for it to trickle in game by game. 

Yes. But then explain Jerry for the last 20-30 years and his approach to running a team. 

The only way he is fired is if the team bands together against him OR this arrest video is really, really bad. 

I'm going to wait to see the video on this one.  I find it hard to believe that TLR refers to himself as a "Hall of Famer Baseball Person".  That sounds like something a person who never watched any sports would refer to an athlete as.  Are you one of them baseball people?

Or if he did use that phrase, he must have been ready to blow .25 .

4 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

I'm going to wait to see the video on this one.  I find it hard to believe that TLR refers to himself as a "Hall of Famer Baseball Person".  That sounds like something a person who never watched any sports would refer to an athlete as.  Are you one of them baseball people?

Or a drunk person.

Edited by soxfan3530
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

I think it's rather easy to imagine someone being charged with a DUI saying that. 

41 minutes ago, ChiHawks10 said:

I mean... it's more than a "We're sorry" that is needed.  We need a "TLR has been relieved of his duties as White Sox manager.  We wish him the best in his recovery from an addiction to alcohol."

Maybe the contract has not been signed yet. Sometimes the legal people take a while to finalize everything

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Still not sure what people expect them to say?  We’ve been told Jerry won’t make any change.  

Again, we KNOW nothing happens if we sit back and accept it.  There is a chance something happens if we put real pressure on this organization.  I mean people have pissed and moaned in the past, but if you organize direct pressure in key places, then you might be able to do something.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Again, we KNOW nothing happens if we sit back and accept it.  There is a chance something happens if we put real pressure on this organization.  I mean people have pissed and moaned in the past, but if you organize direct pressure in key places, then you might be able to do something.

I enjoy the #stepdowntony campaign with Tony’s handle included 

32 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

also i get that doesn't make sense - the whole money counts - and we're talking with our money ...

he doesn't care. he hasn't cared for a decade when we were in the tank ... its all a math equation when seats aren't filled to make the most money w a small payroll. now? it's a bunch of weak threats.. we say were going to cancel. We say we wont watch or support ... but when it comes down to it if the team goes 100-62 we will be in those seats, drinking $15 beer and watching on tV too... its just the reality. For every die hard fan that walks away, there will be 10 more bandwagon fans who jump on during winning. He's not worried. 

I get the inconsistencies in my argument - i guess im trying to convey outside of like tim anderson, abreu, giolito and a few others banding togehter? this will blow over and we'll take our sox medicine and like it. 

I get what you are saying and for the most part you are probably right. I can only speak for myself and let you know I won't spend a dime with Larussa here and probably not until Jerry is gone. I will follow and watch, as the Sox are a big thing in my family, but the older I get the more I learn to speak with my wallet. It's the only language they speak. I have more and more friends doing the same with the Cubs because of the Ricketts.

And I have been on and off parts of groups of full and partial season tickets, and frequently bought tickets for my family. It won't move the needle, but it's all I can do.

It sucks the players have to be brought down by this, but Jerry is nothing short of a tyrant in the sports community - and I just don't feel good about giving him any more money.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1