La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

This deserves its own thread, I can make a thread over on reddit if you dont mind.

Go to town share broadly (feel free to credit me back here). Note there are probably some official sponsors I missed, that’s what I could verify from ballpark ads and various events, so more can be added.

14 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Ok, I'm now over 30 sponsors who are either official team sponsors or who had clear ads in the ballpark last year. If you do business with one of them, reach out. Be polite, the person on the other end of the email may not even know they advertise with that team, and they're unlikely to be aware of this situation, so explain the details - you are advertising with a team that is now employing a manager with 2 DUIs, including one this year that they won't comment on, and ask them if that is the type of business they want to be supporting or reflective of their corporate beliefs. Some of them easily available through social media, lots of email addresses, a good number of phone numbers and web forms you could fill out. Several beer vendors, several car companies.

They lose a couple of these, Tony LaRussa is gone. Has anyone here dealt with Mazda of Orland Park at some point? They look like a huge pressure point. Big account.

Full list is posted a couple pages ago, or available here. 

WhiteSox2020Sponsors.docx

Great list! Inspire Brands bought Dunkin Donuts in late October, 2020. They own Arby's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Sonic, and Jimmy John's as well.

12 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

That's not what I said- my point is JR got rich in part by selling alcohol to Sox fans knowing some would hit the road drunk after the last out.  Not exactly someone who should be considered likely to be a member of MADD.  If he keeps TLR he is endorsing drunk driving to some extent, but hasn't he been doing that indirectly for years?

Unless you have proof that Jerry broke the laws here more than once, no.

3 minutes ago, SoxPride56 said:

Great list! Inspire Brands bought Dunkin Donuts in late October, 2020. They own Arby's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Sonic, and Jimmy John's as well.

Only DD was advertised at the ballpark so I think that is the one to target (recently purchased would make them an ideal pressure point if they got 10-20 messages about this, they're not going to want their new company to have to deal with it).

18 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Come on man, a guy who owns a bar isn't indirectly endorsing drunk driving.  A liquor store isn't endorsing drunk driving.  This is a huge stretch 

Bartenders can and have been held liable for overserving customers.

My local liquor store doesn't let me slam a six pack in the building and drive a car.

They may not be endorsing it, but they are reaping the financial benefits of it, as is JR.  And every other sports owner.  They know damn well 40000 people aren't all taking cabs and public transportation, but they do little to nothing to avoid overserving.

Edited by ThirdGen

Just now, ThirdGen said:

No, one of his employee's was.  And he owned and ran the facility in which I was served.  And he profited off that service.

Jerry wasn't the one who served TLR in Arizona either, I assume.

Great, so you get the point then.  Tony is responsible for what Tony did.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

Bartenders can and have been held liable for overserving customers.

My local liquor store doesn't let me slam a six pack in the building and drive a car.

They may not be endorsing it, but they are reaping the financial benefits of it, as is JR.  And every other sports owner.  They know damn well 40000 people aren't all taking cabs and public transportation, but they do little to nothing to avoid overserving.

There is a huge difference in liability and endorsement 

25 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Somebody should create a template email.  If we had a template, we could modify the pertinent personal info and pump these things out en mass

I just phoned Falstaff beer to let them know I am boycotting.

• Haha 1

If a bad player gets a DUI, we say get rid of him. If a good one does, we say everyone makes mistakes. Tony is pretty unpopular so he is going to fall into the first group. 

DUI is a serious offense. This is his second time. I cannot believe the White Sox didn’t get out in front of this. It would have been so easy. Now they look like an organization that goes out of its way to hide things from its fan base. It makes them look very sleazy. I feel bad for ticket reps getting calls and emails. They did nothing wrong. Brooks Boyer is a good guy, and look what he has to deal with. He is such a good guy he returns messages. What can he do?  But they made their bed. It is scary even the DUI couldn’t deter JR from this hire.

• Like 1