La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

Wait - Is that a thing - the team specific media has a gag window and can't legitimately report on this news?  Seems odd - is that just because there are rules in place to not "overshadow" team specific items related to big MLB announces?  Either way - seems odd.  

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Wait - Is that a thing - the team specific media has a gag window and can't legitimately report on this news?  Seems odd - is that just because there are rules in place to not "overshadow" team specific items related to big MLB announces?  Either way - seems odd.  

It probably isn't a REAL thing, but more that if you don't fall in line, you lose access to the team kind of a thing.

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Do you want to keep being allowed to talk to our players after games? Yes? Okay, then shut up for a few hours.

Hello

I'm a former Chicago Resident and as a consequence Goose Island is one of my favorite beers. I'm also a lifelong White Sox fan, and have even spent a day hanging out at the Goose Island spot at O'Hare Airport watching a White Sox game before, after my flight was delayed several hours. Your company is a sponsor of the White Sox, with logos throughout their ballpark during the last season. That's why I'm writing this email today, because it's a disappointing day for White Sox fans as the team just hired a manager, Tony LaRussa, who we just learned now has 2 arrests for DUI on his record after an incident earlier this year. According to press reports, he was just charged in late October, the day before the team hired him, and now the team won't even comment on his arrest. Furthermore, on the evening of his arrest, he was belligerent with a police officer, stating "Do you know who I am, I'm a legit Hall of Fame guy" according to press reports. 

Goose Island 312 is one of my go-to drinks while traveling, but I always make sure to take public transit or a taxi home. Yet, a team you sponsor doesn't seem to think that safety while drinking is something they need to be concerned with. Your own website, as I'm typing this, says "enjoy responsibly". I would like to know if hitting a curb with your car and then being aggressive to an officer meets your standard of "enjoy responsibly"? If not, then I'd hope that Goose Island will consider taking up this issue with the White Sox, and if necessary, limiting or ending their sponsorship of that team. If this person continues being their coach and Goose Island continues as their sponsor next season, I will have to conclude that Goose Island finds that behavior acceptable, and unfortunately I will be remembering that any time I think about purchasing your products.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration

• Like 5

If Fegan's most recent story in The Athletic is accurate it is pretty damning.  He is reporting TLR blew .09, and witnesses had called in reporting he was swerving all over the road before he hit the cutb.  Couldn't produce his ID even though the officer saw him pass it in his wallet twice.

If Fegan was involved in the supposed press embargo he definitely ignored it, to his credit.

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Hello

I'm a former Chicago Resident and as a consequence Goose Island is one of my favorite beers. I'm also a lifelong White Sox fan, and have even spent a day hanging out at the Goose Island spot at O'Hare Airport watching a White Sox game before, after my flight was delayed several hours. Your company is a sponsor of the White Sox, with logos throughout their ballpark during the last season. That's why I'm writing this email today, because it's a disappointing day for White Sox fans as the team just hired a manager, Tony LaRussa, who we just learned now has 2 arrests for DUI on his record after an incident earlier this year. According to press reports, he was just charged in late October, the day before the team hired him, and now the team won't even comment on his arrest. Furthermore, on the evening of his arrest, he was belligerent with a police officer, stating "Do you know who I am, I'm a legit Hall of Fame guy" according to press reports. 

Goose Island 312 is one of my go-to drinks while traveling, but I always make sure to take public transit or a taxi home. Yet, a team you sponsor doesn't seem to think that safety while drinking is something they need to be concerned with. Your own website, as I'm typing this, says "enjoy responsibly". I would like to know if hitting a curb with your car and then being aggressive to an officer meets your standard of "enjoy responsibly"? If not, then I'd hope that Goose Island will consider taking up this issue with the White Sox, and if necessary, limiting or ending their sponsorship of that team. If this person continues being their coach and Goose Island continues as their sponsor next season, I will have to conclude that Goose Island finds that behavior acceptable, and unfortunately I will be remembering that any time I think about purchasing your products.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration

For anyone thinking of contacting sponsors this is the way to do it. Take note, adjust this post to fit your style, and send. SEND SEND SEND!

With enough of these the Sox will feel pressure. They will feel much more pressure than anything coming from Bruce Boyer (do that too). 

9 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

If Fegan's most recent story in The Athletic is accurate it is pretty damning.  He is reporting TLR blew .09, and witnesses had called in reporting he was swerving all over the road before he hit the cutb.  Couldn't produce his ID even though the officer saw him pass it in his wallet twice.

If Fegan was involved in the supposed press embargo he definitely ignored it, to his credit.

Fegan is a god send.

• Like 1

Just now, chitown87 said:

I'm embarrassed and disheartened. What a disaster of a hire.

I know why they are being quiet today, but the lack of any communication from the team to the fans today just makes the situation so much worse.  Tony really needs to do the right thing and quit.

Anyone know the terms of TLR's deal? All I've read is that it's a multi-year deal. If Sox were to fire him at this point, would they have to pay him for his deal? They couldn't use any provisions for violation of terms of contract to get out of it since they fully knew about this when he signed. TLR has to go, but I don't know if his contract makes it a tougher decision.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

5 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Anyone know the terms of TLR's deal? All I've read is that it's a multi-year deal. If Sox were to fire him at this point, would they have to pay him for his deal? They couldn't use any provisions for violation of terms of contract to get out of it since they fully knew about this when he signed. TLR has to go, but I don't know if his contract makes it a tougher decision.

If he wasn't completely upfront about what happened I would imagine they could get out of it.  Its possible TLR said he was arrested, but wasn't drunk, and expected it to get thrown out.