La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Look if Stroman said it, there are LOTS of other players who aren't saying it out loud. 

Sure, until the Sox offer real American dollars that surpass the real American dollars another team offers. Things change real quickly then for the vast majority of players. 

But in summary, I agree. They should can him and hire someone else. But they won’t. And the Sox will be just fine. 

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

Really wish we just never fired Renteria. Then we would only be talking about improvements to the roster and not this whole headache.

Firing Renteria was the right move, if were done to hire someone better.  We didn't get someone better unfortunately.  And we now have an embarrassing catastrophe. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TitoMB345 said:

Stoney's tweets on the subject are semi-cringe.

I've never liked Stone as a human. As an announcer hes fine and i like him. Everything else he can go pound sand. I blocked him on Twitter - can't stand how cocky and rude he is to fans. He has an ego just like TLR. All these old, entitled baby boomers with ego who think they're special can go kick rocks - don't need them. Time to turn over the keys to kids. 

• Love 1

Just now, BrianAnderson said:

I've never liked Stone as a human. As an announcer hes fine and i like him. Everything else he can go pound sand. I blocked him on Twitter - can't stand how cocky and rude he is to fans. He has an ego just like TLR. All these old, entitled baby boomers with ego who think they're special can go kick rocks - don't need them. Time to turn over the keys to kids. 

Definitely don't check out his twitter right now then! It's extremely condescending of fans that are miffed by the whole thing. I think your analysis is spot on though.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Orlando said:

Where is Garfein? Duber? Merkin? 

Garfein has a podcast out with Peter Gammons and he briefly brought up that the DUI happened and explained his interview was recorded prior to the news which is why it didn't come up. Not much else was said.

I don't like any of this as much as the next guy but yall need to calm down with the wishing Reinsdorf was dead comments. It's a fucking game. People don't need to die over stupid decisions they make about a GAME. Even if it is the game we all love, and the team we've supported our entire lives, it's still a game. Stop wishing people dead over it. It's childish and a horrible way to represent the fanbase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I really hope this is the case

Passan was on Waddle and Silvy and actually seemed he didn’t anticipate how upset the fan base would be. He said people in the organization are saying the right things about being ok with the hire, but it’s probably not true. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Passan was on Waddle and Silvy and actually seemed he didn’t anticipate how upset the fan base would be. He said people in the organization are saying the right things about being ok with the hire, but it’s probably not true. 

Oof

Im not sure it signals "active infighting" at all.

If the dorf says water is dry then water is indeed dry in his kingdom.  Theres no reason for anyone to fight about anything they cannot control.

I think the silence was premeditated.  They knew there would be a shitstorm and theyre waiting for it to blow over.

Maybe TLR is still deciding between drinking buddies for the coaching staff.  They might want the manager to put his staff in place before they let the GM ask the manager what moves he should make.