La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

19 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I don't like any of this as much as the next guy but yall need to calm down with the wishing Reinsdorf was dead comments. It's a fucking game. People don't need to die over stupid decisions they make about a GAME. Even if it is the game we all love, and the team we've supported our entire lives, it's still a game. Stop wishing people dead over it. It's childish and a horrible way to represent the fanbase.

100%. And now fans are storming Stone’s twitter intentionally misrepresenting what he’s saying, calling him names, telling him he’s the problem, and intimating he’s backing LaRussa because he’s white. Good on him for blocking people. Stone has been gracious in going above and beyond to interact with fans and fans have returned that favor by treating him poorly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

100%. And now fans are storming Stone’s twitter intentionally misrepresenting what he’s saying, calling him names, telling him he’s the problem, and intimating he’s backing LaRussa because he’s white. Good on him for blocking people. Stone has been gracious in going above and beyond to interact with fans and fans have returned that favor by treating him poorly. 

Disgusting. I hate how social media has just created monsters out of people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Im not sure it signals "active infighting" at all.

If the dorf says water is dry then water is indeed dry in his kingdom.  Theres no reason for anyone to fight about anything they cannot control.

I think the silence was premeditated.  They knew there would be a shitstorm and theyre waiting for it to blow over.

Maybe TLR is still deciding between drinking buddies for the coaching staff.  They might want the manager to put his staff in place before they let the GM ask the manager what moves he should make.

This is not going away though. It might subside a bit but fans will not forget this shitshow hiring and even worse the players not being aboard with this is much worse

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

Passan was on Waddle and Silvy and actually seemed he didn’t anticipate how upset the fan base would be. He said people in the organization are saying the right things about being ok with the hire, but it’s probably not true. 

It’s definitely not true, but what can you do when the boss has made his mind up?

25 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I don't like any of this as much as the next guy but yall need to calm down with the wishing Reinsdorf was dead comments. It's a fucking game. People don't need to die over stupid decisions they make about a GAME. Even if it is the game we all love, and the team we've supported our entire lives, it's still a game. Stop wishing people dead over it. It's childish and a horrible way to represent the fanbase.

Jerry is a POS. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Quote one post anyone made wishing anyone dead? Many want Reinsdorf and or LaRussa to step down.

I wish drunk drivers didn't kill 36,500 Americans each year, and I wish habitual drunk drivers like Tony LaRussa were taken off the road permanently, versus being rewarded over far better options in all aspects via a pathetic and cringe-worthy crony hire.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

6 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Stone is a clown and an arrogant jackass. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Quote one post anyone made wishing anyone dead? Many want Reinsdorf and or LaRussa to step down.

I wish drunk drivers didn't kill 36,500 Americans each year, and I wish habitual drunk drivers like Tony LaRussa were taken off the road permanently, versus being rewarded over far better options in all aspects via a pathetic and cringe-worthy crony hire.

All you need to do is look 2 posts above my post you replied to. I am not quoting a post that wishes someone dead. And it's not the only one either. There are others. Why the fuck would I say people should stop doing it if it weren't happening?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

When you back a two time DUI recipient over your own fanbase, you should expect said fans to lose their shit.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, TitoMB345 said:

TL;DR?

For him personally he wants to meet the people and get an understanding for himself of the individual and the direction of the organization. From a macro perspective its unwise to hire someone who turns off any FA as they could be the key to winning the world series.

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

He said everyone is innocent until proven guilty. It literally might the dumbest use of that argument I've seen. La russa was drunk driving. 

Its not As if csi is scouring the crime scene to confirm who it was. The guy was drunk And drove. Stone trying to pretend he's being impartial is comical. He made a fool of himself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, beautox said:

For him personally he wants to meet the people and get an understanding for himself of the individual and the direction of the organization. From a macro perspective its unwise to hire someone who turns off any FA as they could be the key to winning the world series.

He should get an offer to shop around to other teams.  

Bauer seems like he has become smarter since his silly arb numbers request days.

53 minutes ago, fathom said:

Passan was on Waddle and Silvy and actually seemed he didn’t anticipate how upset the fan base would be. He said people in the organization are saying the right things about being ok with the hire, but it’s probably not true. 

I’m confused, who didn’t anticipate how upset the fan base would be?

19 minutes ago, TitoMB345 said:

TL;DR?

Not much to be honest, went over the different ways to look at the situation without really revealing what he thinks about it. Main takeaway was that if something like this will affect the players perception of him as a leader and their ability/willingness to listen to him.

Edited by Sockin
  • Thanks 1