La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

5 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

All you need to do is look 2 posts above my post you replied to. I am not quoting a post that wishes someone dead. And it's not the only one either. There are others. Why the fuck would I say people should stop doing it if it weren't happening?

The post is about a Peter Gammons interview. If anyone is hysterical here, it's you clutching your pearls because "people are storming Steve Stone's Twitter account" to address his asinine comments. If Steve Stone had any sense he would have STFU and posted nothing yesterday, just as LaRussa has STFU with non MLB media since his hire.

But Stone can't help himself, just like Tony couldn't help himself by repeatedly misconstruing legitimate protests, and demanding "sincerity" from adult players before deeming them worthy of expressing their opinions. This from the same drunken ass clown who stated

“I accept full responsibility for my conduct, and assure everyone that I have learned a very valuable lesson and that this will never occur again” after his 2007 DUI conviction.

The same drunken violent lunatic who has threatened physical harm to others over the years, including during his time here, his time in Saint Louis when he swung a fungo bat at a reporting asking about steroids, and his incident in Pittsburgh, confronting their broadcast team for calling out his bean-ball wars over the decades.

• Like 2

Bauer says towards the end of the video that the fact that any FA (such as Stroman) flat out won't sign with your team because of your new manager means it might not be the most effective hire.

At 18:06, he says "I'm not part of the White Sox... perhaps I will be, at some point later this offseason, perhaps I won't" so I need a body language expert to tell me if he's interested haha

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TitoMB345 said:

TL;DR?

didnt really express an opinion one way or the other, just expressed the questions the situation creates.  Did state that he likes to judge someones character through his own interactions and wasnt one to jump into the online lynch mobs.  

bauer is a very cerebral guy. Really hope he comes here. Hed be a fantastic mentor for some of the younger guys

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TitoMB345 said:

TL;DR?

Basically said 3 things.

1. Should the team have to make a comment or deal any punishment because of his actions?  Said he doesn't know the answer to that.  Who you hire sends a strong message to your players as to who to lead them.  Will this impact the players willingness to follow him as a leader and buy in.

2. How are the players going to perceive the manager with everything going on (current players)?  Possibility players could buy into his leadership and he is actually good in the clubhouse.  Also possible that they could completely turn him out before they even get to spring training.

3. Will it impact free agents coming to the White Sox?  Says having a manager with a DUI may impact him but he would want to meet someone in person and get to know them personally.  Style, managing principles, etc.  Does he think other players will be turned off by this?  Yes, mentioned Stroman.  As an organization, if any FA is against it, it calls into the effectiveness of a manager moving forward.  Don't want to eliminate FAs from the beginning.  Also mentioned Tony being out of the league for extended period of time.  He said league is going more towards personality, analytics, branding, media, etc.  A very different type of league from when Tony last managed 10 years ago.  Specifically mentioned Tim Anderson.  Will Tony be ok with this?  This is something potential FAs will ask about and wonder if Sox are ok/moving that way.  It is something he would ask personally. 

• Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He said everyone is innocent until proven guilty. It literally might the dumbest use of that argument I've seen. La russa was drunk driving. 

Its not As if csi is scouring the crime scene to confirm who it was. The guy was drunk And drove. Stone trying to pretend he's being impartial is comical. He made a fool of himself. 

I was going to say, isn't he already charged? They have the evidence from when he spoke to the cops? How is he not guilty? Lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

I was going to say, isn't he already charged? They have the evidence from when he spoke to the cops? How is he not guilty? Lol

Hes 100% guillty. But at the same time he blew a 0.09. Shouldve got a cab, but i think some context matters here. 

imagine how many people leaving guaranteed rate after a game and driving home would blow a 0.09 if pulled over. 

3 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Shouldve gotten an uber.  But the fanbases reaction (the vocal part of it at least) is overboard. 

Having the expectation that the leader of your team doesn't endanger the general public shouldn't be a big ask. If it is, that's a big problem. 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't know what anyone else thought, but that was a waste of 20 minutes. He said nothing,  and just rambled about questions that everyone already has had, without giving any real insight to them.

Of course he said nothing because he knows the possibility to sign with the Sox still exists so he doesn't want to burn a bridge.  Stroman knew he's not a possibilty to sign with the Sox so he's free to say how morally outraged he is.  

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Of course he said nothing because he knows the possibility to sign with the Sox still exists so he doesn't want to burn a bridge.  Stroman knew he's not a possibilty to sign with the Sox so he's free to say how morally outraged he is.  

Then don't waste 20 minutes acting like you were going to give opinions  

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

*Sigh* We've already covered this nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Hows your back feeling from carrying all that water harold?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

Just now, Sleepy Harold said:

He blew .09 after refusing to do so on the scene and only after a warrant was issued, however much time later. I'd wager that the BAC was a bit higher in the moment. Regardless, it's still illegal and his second DUI.

From what i read it was .09 at the scene (update said he blew at the scene) and then the blood test actually came in higher at .095.  Either way, its the equivalent to me of someone driving 15-20mph over the speed limit.  

• Haha 2

Just now, ChiSox1917 said:

From what i read it was .09 at the scene (update said he blew at the scene) and then the blood test actually came in higher at .095.  Either way, its the equivalent to me of someone driving 15-20mph over the speed limit.  

Yeah I deleted my post after re-reading the updated story again. He refused the blood test, but that's when the warrant was issued and it came out higher. Sorry for the confusion. 

18 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

What in the actual fuck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

This whole offseason has been a shit show for the Sox, good god talk about setting the franchise on fire. Good job Jerry.....

And the worst part is the Sox were on the brink of becoming Chicago’s team for the next half decade.  They could have captured thousands of young impressionable fans and turned them into lifelong supporters.  That could still happen obviously, but hiring La Russa has put that in jeopardy and for no good reason.  It’s literally one of the worst business decisions I have seen in some time.

• Like 1