La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

Just now, venom4789 said:

Brooks responded but its also a copy paste response. He adds a line if you put your name saying thanks for putting your name on it.

I got the same response.  I would imagine they would have carpal tunnel if they wrote an individual reply to each one

6 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Sorry if this was already covered, but why did it take Arizona authorities 8 months to charge him?  Incident was in Feb, charged in Oct.

First, because they filed in the wrong jurisdiction. Second, some of the delay is waiting for the blood work. In WI that takes like 6 months.

3 minutes ago, venom4789 said:

Brooks responded but its also a copy paste response. He adds a line if you put your name saying thanks for putting your name on it.

If you get in depth he will respond to you in due time, I’ve had a good conversation with him, he’s been really open about everything that he can be open about. The main thing I got was that he doesn’t know if TLR will be managing the Sox in 2021 but reiterated he’s not making the baseball decisions. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

Can't wait for the gross takes at end of year about how Tony overcame adversity. Or a cool ESPN montage of Tony being released from Jail and going to the ballpark.

5ba2b4b42200003000da6d91.jpeg?ops=scalef

Maybe during the opening video for the game we can have him coming out like this and then rising like a phoenix he comes out of the dugout in his white sox garb.  Yuck.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Sorry if this was already covered, but why did it take Arizona authorities 8 months to charge him?  Incident was in Feb, charged in Oct.

Tony LaRussa is a huge supporter of Sheriff Joe's racial profiling, and of protesters supporting Sheriff Joe. Sheriff Joe was shit-canned by voters a few years ago, but one would not be surprised if many officers formerly under his command still look out for "their people", and that they "just so happened" to file Tony LaRussa's criminal DUI paperwork in a wrong jurisdiction. Perhaps Tony's DUI blood vile will "just so happen" to fall and crack on the floor, with contents unable to be admitted as evidence. It will be one big coincidence, and Tony will be deemed "innocent".

Funny how people are crying about "Tony's civil rights" somehow being violated as if the presiding Arizona judge in Tony LaRussa's most recent DUI criminal case posts on SoxTalk. This is the same Tony LaRussa who supported  Sheriff Joe's racial profiling, denying thousands of people their, wait for it, civil rights. Tony also  backed the "sincere" protesters backing Sheriff Joe's racial profiling policies; the same racial profiling activity that led to a conviction of one Sheriff Joe. But of course, Sheriff Joe is "innocent" as well, since he received a political pardon. 

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

If you get in depth he will respond to you in due time, I’ve had a good conversation with him, he’s been really open about everything that he can be open about. The main thing I got was that he doesn’t know if TLR will be managing the Sox in 2021 but reiterated he’s not making the baseball decisions. 

I think Brooks Boyer is a pretty decent guy and has done a great job to open up the dialogue between the franchise and the fans. And it was needed. He is in a difficult position here. If he doesn't agree with the decision, he can't say so, and he is not the one who makes such decisions anyway.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony LaRussa is a huge supporter of Sheriff Joe's racial profiling, and of protesters supporting Sheriff Joe. Sheriff Joe was shit-canned by voters a few years ago, but one would not be surprised if many officers formerly under his command still look out for "their people", and that they "just so happened" to file Tony LaRussa's criminal DUI paperwork in a wrong jurisdiction. Perhaps Tony's DUI blood vile will "just so happen" to fall and crack on the floor, with contents unable to be admitted as evidence. It will be one big coincidence, and Tony will be deemed "innocent".

Funny how people are crying about "Tony's civil rights" somehow being violated as if the presiding Arizona judge in Tony LaRussa's most recent DUI criminal case posts on SoxTalk. This is the same Tony LaRussa who supported  Sheriff Joe's racial profiling, denying thousands of people their, wait for it, civil rights. Tony also  backed the "sincere" protesters backing Sheriff Joe's racial profiling policies; the same racial profiling activity that led to a conviction of one Sheriff Joe. But of course, Sheriff Joe is "innocent" as well, since he received a political pardon. 

Sheriff Joe is the guy who took pride in his "desert tent camps" where he would illegally detain and keep people in these tents that were brutally hot. It's astonishing he was able to do this for some long. He is a grade A piece of crap.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/aug/21/arizona-phoenix-concentration-camp-tent-city-jail-joe-arpaio-immigration

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Sheriff Joe is the guy who took pride in his "desert tent camps" where he would illegal detain and keep people in these tents that were brutally hot. It's astonishing he was able to do this for some long. He is a grade A piece of crap.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/aug/21/arizona-phoenix-concentration-camp-tent-city-jail-joe-arpaio-immigration

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/opponents-of-arizonas-immigration-law-take-their-protests-to-the-ballpark

"I'm actually a supporter of what Arizona's doing. … The national government doesn’t fix your problem, and you've got a problem, they've got to take care of it themselves," La Russa said.

8 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Sheriff Joe is the guy who took pride in his "desert tent camps" where he would illegally detain and keep people in these tents that were brutally hot. It's astonishing he was able to do this for some long. He is a grade A piece of crap.

Mark Grace spent some time there after his 3rd DUI.

If LaRussa was barely drunk, then at the very least, his statements make him the biggest tool in the shed. Being buzzed would make that point a little moot as if you are ever out with your friends and they are hammered and your sober as a judge, you realize drunk people say the strangest things. When you are equally as drunk, you don't notice. 

I would also like to know Tony's definition of being legit. He's a baseball HOFer, so he is legit. Is the guy driving home from working the second shift at Walmart not legit? What is the criteria?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If LaRussa was barely drunk, then at the very least, his statements make him the biggest tool in the shed. Being buzzed would make that point a little moot as if you are ever out with your friends and they are hammered and your sober as a judge, you realize drunk people say the strangest things. When you are equally as drunk, you don't notice. 

I would also like to know Tony's definition of being legit. He's a baseball HOFer, so he is legit. Is the guy driving home from working the second shift at Walmart not legit? What is the criteria?

The Walmart employee isn't as sincere.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Is he in the Wal-Mart Hall of Fame?

1 hour ago, Rey21 said:

Same here.  I mentioned people I lost to drunk driving and he was very sympathetic over a few different emails.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BFirebird said:

Same here.  I mentioned people I lost to drunk driving and he was very sympathetic over a few different emails.

Brooks is really a good guy. I had a couple emails to him many years ago, and he doesn't know me from Adam, but he replied, and they were  replies that didn't seem like "I guess I have to respond to this". They were well thought out,  answered by questions, and fired me up for the next Sox game. 

I feel bad for him if his inbox is getting pounded. He deserves better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Brooks is really a good guy. I had a couple emails to him many years ago, and he doesn't know me from Adam, but he replied, and they were  replies that didn't seem like "I guess I have to respond to this". They were well thought out,  answered by questions, and fired me up for the next Sox game. 

So do I.  Outside of the very top I bet most didn't want this hire or if they were ok with it before now don't want it because of this shit storm.  It is really unfortunate because it was totally avoidable and we should be celebrating the growth of this team.

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I mean, at some level being able to go to the bosses and say "I've never been deluged with email like this and it's running 99% against" is a really powerful statement. 

It’s clear there is so much division on this hire basically Jerry & probably Kenny vs Everybody Else. I truly hope someone in that organization stands up to Jerry or the media starts talking to players and this blows up in his face, I feel like this is the only way a change is made.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

I mean, at some level being able to go to the bosses and say "I've never been deluged with email like this and it's running 99% against" is a really powerful statement. 

Hopefully...but we are going up against THE ONE GUY who cuts all the checks and he is totally against firing.  So we will see how that goes.