La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

1 minute ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I specifically said drinking and driving, that is the offense. He drinks, so does many other citizens in this country, but I don’t think he has a constant drinking and driving problem.

So you think he was one of the mathematical improbability of people who just did it twice and happened to get caught twice?

You're an analytical thinker; what do you think the odds are that Tony has driven drunk twice in 13 years and gotten caught both times?

I think tomorrow I'm going to be more pissed as Jose Abreu wins an MVP - after a disturbingly sad journey to the USA, and then working his ass off after he arrived to become great - and he's forced to answer questions about this because his bosses didn't speak up before his big moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So you think he was one of the mathematical improbability of people who just did it twice and happened to get caught twice?

You're an analytical thinker; what do you think the odds are that Tony has driven drunk twice in 13 years and gotten caught both times?

I think tomorrow I'm going to be more pissed as Jose Abreu wins an MVP - after a disturbingly sad journey to the USA, and then working his ass off after he arrived to become great - and he's forced to answer questions about this because his bosses didn't speak up before his big moment.

I am saying if this is a constant habit for him he would have been caught a lot more times. He can’t handle alcohol well if he’s swerving all over the road at .09.

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

To add on, in both DUIs he was 0.01-0.015 over the limit, he was either sleeping at the wheel or swerving all over. So yes, the probability of someone who is heavily impaired by alcohol driving impaired and getting away without DUI or any serious accidents is pretty low.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

2 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

To add on, in both DUIs he was 0.1-0.15 over the limit, he was either sleeping at the wheel or swerving all over. So yes, the probability of someone who is heavily impaired by alcohol driving impaired and getting away without DUI or any serious accidents is pretty low.

Would  he have been caught if he hadn’t crashed and damaged his car?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Do they dare cancel Abreu's media availability, or do they do the cowardly thing and let the above happen?

I'll assume neither, and go with "advisory at the beginning of the call, asking for scope of questions to be limited to Abreu's season".

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Would  he have been caught if he hadn’t crashed and damaged his car?

Wouldn’t he have crashed his car and had to get help from AAA or worse yet injured himself and made the news if he frequently drives impaired? Again this is someone who is severely impaired at .09, imagine what he would have been like at 0.12, 0.15, because people without severe alcohol problems don’t stop at 0.09.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

3 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Do they dare cancel Abreu's media availability, or do they do the cowardly thing and let the above happen?

I’m sure Tony won’t congratulate him, just like he hasn’t acknowledged the Silver Sluggers.  But hey, at least he uses twitter to promote his own endeavors.

Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

Wouldn’t he have crashed his car and had to get help from AAA or worse yet injured himself and made the news if he frequently drives impaired? Again this is someone who is severely impaired at .09.

You have his full auto repair record to verify he hasn’t had to do repairs like this before? Please share.

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I mean, they don't have to ask. They could just ask baseball related questions and let the guy enjoy his hard-earned reward. But they won't. They'll get the juiciness because they can't contain themselves.

How dare they try to actually get players to speak about the circus taking place.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I mean, they don't have to ask. They could just ask baseball related questions and let the guy enjoy his hard-earned reward. But they won't. They'll get the juiciness because they can't contain themselves.

They're not doing their job if they don't ask Jose about his new manager.  It absolutely sucks for Jose to be put in that situation if it happens but that's 100 percent on the Sox and you can't blame a reporter for asking Abreu about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Yes.  How dare the people who depend on clicks and views for a living not ignore a flaming national story for something that barely anyone outside of Chicago will care about.

• Thanks 1

we now have our own Jerry Krause. Stroman won't come here for Bauer Money and Bauer probably won't come either. JR won't compete with Met's, Angel, Padres, Yankee's, and Dodgers. These teams are serious about winning. We hire TLR, not Hinch, not Cora, not Bochy or whoever else was out there. He's going to be toxic to quality free agents. Not that I believe that Stroman was the the beat all end all, BUT, him calling TLR a racist, is a bad sign. Jerry Krause couldn't sign anybody of qualityitly and the Bulls always settled for the 3rd, 4th or 5th choice and overpaid. Now, before yo jump on me i know TLR is not the GM and signing players is RH, KW and JR. But the manager is looked at before a player signs. I had a very positive outlook for 2021, but this signing of TLR could ruin the chemistry of this team. 

Edited by AJ'S Cousin

Just now, poppysox said:

Every day that this carries on...good coaches are potentially signed elsewhere.  Management needs to dump TL or say he's the man.  To say nothing should not be an option.

They said he's the man. He isn't losing his job and he is facing no disciplinary action.

12 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Jose should just answer "Why are you asking me, I don't hire the manager.  Next question please."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Not asking the question is exactly what Reinsdorf wants. He wants for time to go by, pretend this doesn’t exist and it will all go away over time. Not asking the question plays right into this PR nightmare