La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

Jose is a class act. The whole news conference will be a shame if it's LaRussa dominated. Like you guys, I fear it'll be mostly LaRussa questions about an old guy managing the team and playing for a guy with a recent DUI and two lifetime DUIs. Sad.

6 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

If they knew about it before the hire, it does not matter.

The heat is up dramatically in the last two days.  I understand the FO was aware of the DUI before now...but probably thought it would go unnoticed.  It a different today as it has become big-time news.  My question to Dick Allen was has the FO made comments in the last two days.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

The heat is up dramatically in the last two days.  I understand the FO was aware of the DUI before now...but probably thought it would go unnoticed.  It a different today as it has become big-time news.  My question to Dick Allen was has the FO made comments in the last two days.

Outside of whatever poor Rick had to do during the press conference the whole organization has just hid through out this whole debacle since the hire.

23 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Has this been said in the last two days since this blew up?

It wasn't even an official press release from White Sox, it was tweets quoting a statement from the Sox spokesperson.

Edit - And a later Passan tweet suggesting that La Russa's job was not in jeopardy.

And since then, radio silence.

Edited by SouthWallace

6 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Outside of whatever poor Rick had to do during the press conference the whole organization has just hid through out this whole debacle since the hire.

I just can't believe an official FO statement is not forthcoming.  If they say Tony is the manager end of the subject... we can get back to coach and player questions.  This is not a very professional way of handling this situation.  It will fester for days at this rate.

It appears the FO does not care and I for one am offended for their lack of concern or caring. This is not something minor, but just the opposite. It appears  JR and Kenny too do not know the meaning of being professional. If they don't care neither do I and you won't see me at the ballpark spending any of my money.  This will not just go away, if that is their wish!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Saufley said:

It appears the FO does not care and I for one am offended for their lack of concern or caring. This is not something minor, but just the opposite. It appears  JR and Kenny too do not know the meaning of being professional. If they don't care neither do I and you won't see me at the ballpark spending any of my money.  This will not just go away, if that is their wish!

Having heard Kenny talk about race recently, and knowing what TLR thinks about race, I am about 100% sure that this is not something that Kenny Williams is a fan of.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'm not as convinced this hurts chances with free agents anymore than if they hired someone who had been suspended for cheating. 

It doesn't have any effect on FA, despite lots of naysayers wanting to believe it will.  

1 hour ago, SouthWallace said:

It wasn't even an official press release from White Sox, it was tweets quoting a statement from the Sox spokesperson.

Edit - And a later Passan tweet suggesting that La Russa's job was not in jeopardy.

And since then, radio silence.

The one thing this validates.  Bob Nightingales source is JR.  JR uses him for his own purposes.  

While listening to Bernstein talk with Leila Rahimi today he discussed that a few people he spoke with that work with the Sox/connected to the Sox have told him that there are a lot of unhappy people in the org right now and some are considering looking for other jobs.  That makes me wonder if they were blindsided by this or just completely clueless to the internal and external backlash they were going to face.

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

I just can't believe an official FO statement is not forthcoming.  If they say Tony is the manager end of the subject... we can get back to coach and player questions.  This is not a very professional way of handling this situation.  It will fester for days at this rate.

As I said this has shades of Dave Brandon at Michigan.  You can't just not say anything and hope it goes away.

1 minute ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

The problem I have with all of this is that you know JR just doesn't care what anyone thinks about the right/wrong in this. All he cares about is that Tony's his guy.

Pictured below: Rick Hahn while the Angels interview GM candidates

Capture.JPG

If Rick or Kenny is interested in leaving,  the Mets and Cubs are also open.

19 minutes ago, SoxFanForever said:

While listening to Bernstein talk with Leila Rahimi today he discussed that a few people he spoke with that work with the Sox/connected to the Sox have told him that there are a lot of unhappy people in the org right now and some are considering looking for other jobs.  That makes me wonder if they were blindsided by this or just completely clueless to the internal and external backlash they were going to face.

I think they all just feel helpless

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SoxFanForever said:

Rick Hahn literally informed the media of what he was looking for in a manager at our end of season press conference and implied there would be an extensive interview process.  A few hours later, Reinsdorf then went to Bob Nightengale and told him La Russa was a favorite for the job despite not exhibiting many of the qualities Rick was looking for.  I’m sure almost everyone was blindsided by this as it appears Jerry orchestrated this all on his own, at least initially.

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Rick Hahn literally informed the media of what he was looking for in a manager at our end of season press conference and implied there would be an extensive interview process.  A few hours later, Reinsdorf then went to Bob Nightengale and told him La Russa was a favorite for the job despite not exhibiting many of the qualities Rick was looking for.  I’m sure almost everyone was blindsided by this as it appears Jerry orchestrated this all on his own, at least initially.

With the hangover from the Dodgers winning the world series, I honestly went into White Sox lurk mode. Did Rick Hahn come out with any public facing commentary or interviews regarding the TLR hire? Did he substantiate the hire being aligned with the qualifications he established during the press conference? I either missed it or he's dodged that part of the job/hire.

Edited by Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm

1 minute ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

With the hangover from the Dodgers winning the world series, I honestly went into White Sox lurk mode. Did Rick Hahn come out with any public facing commentary or interviews regarding the TLR hire? Did he substantiate the hire being aligned with the qualifications he established during the press conference? I either missed it or he's dodged that part of the job/hire.

Oh he came out and said that once “they” deemed La Russa was a strong possibility they deviated greatly from his original managerial search plan.