La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

I'm not as convinced this hurts chances with free agents anymore than if they hired someone who had been suspended for cheating. 

B-Mac chimed in on this. He's been VERY vocal about the cheaters, so to hear this (granted, one voice) may be telling. I understand he also has the luxury to say this as a former player that current free agents may not, but players are definitely thinking about this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony LaRussa is a huge supporter of Sheriff Joe's racial profiling, and of protesters supporting Sheriff Joe. Sheriff Joe was shit-canned by voters a few years ago, but one would not be surprised if many officers formerly under his command still look out for "their people", and that they "just so happened" to file Tony LaRussa's criminal DUI paperwork in a wrong jurisdiction. Perhaps Tony's DUI blood vile will "just so happen" to fall and crack on the floor, with contents unable to be admitted as evidence. It will be one big coincidence, and Tony will be deemed "innocent".

Funny how people are crying about "Tony's civil rights" somehow being violated as if the presiding Arizona judge in Tony LaRussa's most recent DUI criminal case posts on SoxTalk. This is the same Tony LaRussa who supported  Sheriff Joe's racial profiling, denying thousands of people their, wait for it, civil rights. Tony also  backed the "sincere" protesters backing Sheriff Joe's racial profiling policies; the same racial profiling activity that led to a conviction of one Sheriff Joe. But of course, Sheriff Joe is "innocent" as well, since he received a political pardon. 

Wow. So now this isn't screwed up enough so lets point the blame on a Sheriff, huh? What a crock.

3 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I specifically said drinking and driving, that is the offense. He drinks, so does many other citizens in this country, but I don’t think he has a constant drinking and driving problem.

Based on what? Its just a guess, right? My guess is that he drives drunk quite a bit. Also, that alcohol level seems kind of low really given that he messed up the car, right? Maybe in addition to drinking, he had maybe taken something else that amplified the effect of the alcohol? Just a guess of course. I've never understood celebrities who have all of the money in the world to afford someone to drive them around or could afford to take Lyft or Uber or a cab to wherever they wanted to go still do the absolutely stupid thing and drive drunk. 

3 hours ago, ThirdGen said:

He also recently had hip replacement surgery.  May have been an interaction with drugs that caused the excessive issues at .09.

And NO, I am not encouraging or endorsing mixing alcohol and pain pills.  That is stupid.  Just being very clear.

Okay. I just posted a similar thought about the possibility of his mixing alcohol with drugs and your post nailed this in my mind at least. As far as I know, his blood alcohol isn't such that he would be weaving all around and wrecking his car.

Just now, The Hawk said:

Okay. I just posted a similar thought about the possibility of his mixing alcohol with drugs and your post nailed this in my mind at least. As far as I know, his blood alcohol isn't such that he would be weaving all around and wrecking his car.

Time's up. He has to go!

7 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

Wow. So now this isn't screwed up enough so lets point the blame on a Sheriff, huh? What a crock.

No, but what is an absolute crock of shit is anything out of Tony LaRussa’s or Jerry Reinsdorf’s mouth.

There is no fool like an old fool.

“I accept full responsibility for my conduct, and assure everyone that I have learned a very valuable lesson and that this will never occur again,”

- Tony LaRussa, after his 2007 conviction for criminal DUI.

"Managing, it just takes an awful lot out of you. There's nothing else for him to accomplish. You know, he's won three World Series, and uh, he's in the Hall of Fame. And so, there's no reason for him to go back to managing,  and have to try to deal with people 22 years old when you're 75 years old."

- Jerry Reinsdorf, February 2020

6:23 mark

36 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Commish IMO should suspend Tony 1-2 seasons. Does open a can of worms precedent however. I mean do it case by case. He's a Hall of Famer who is old. Inexcusable to make such bad decisions at that age/rank. SUSPEND HIM.

This is what I brought up yesterday. If Reinny doesn't step up and make this go away, I think that the commissioner of baseball has every right to step in and take action which would further embarrass the White Sox organization. This entire thing should never have happened.

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

There’s the final confirmation that we are stuck with him.  If I was a member of the White Sox ownership group I’d be livid right now, but I guess that’s what they deserve for giving Jerry unilateral power to do whatever he wants.

Yep sadly we have to move on now. I know it totally sucks but have to focus on talent acquisition.

I believe JR has been using Bob for years to get stuff out.  I have a singular opinion that JR leaked the Manny stuff on purpose hoping that someone else would win that large contract.   Oh we put up a valiant fight but someone else just outbid us.  Oh well, back to the drawing board.  I think this is how JR uses Bob.  

My other thought is.  They dont care about the coaches.  Its the TLR show.  They dont need to hand over anything to future coaches.  Anyone would be thrilled to be on this team.  So it will happen when it happens is the TLR view.  

Edited by southsideirish71

3 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

I believe JR has been using Bob for years to get stuff out.  I have a singular opinion that JR leaked the Manny stuff on purpose hoping that someone else would win that large contract.   Oh we put up a valiant fight but someone else just outbid us.  Oh well, back to the drawing board.  I think this is how JR uses Bob.  

My other thought is.  They dont care about the coaches.  Its the TLR show.  They dont need to hand over anything to future coaches.  Anyone would be thrilled to be on this team.  So it will happen when it happens is the TLR view.  

Yep. JR sabotaging the whole thing. If you asked me a couple weeks ago I would have laughed at this idea. Now I’m not so sure about that....

Edited by HahnsKiddieTable