La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

I do wonder what the fan bases of the A’s and Cardinals think of LaRussa, in general, given the success he had with both of those organizations.  Because now for the second time in his career, he’s become very unpopular with the White Sox base.  

The drama he created in his first go-around that eventually resulted in the ouster of Harry Caray and Jimmy Piersall made him extremely unpopular with the fans back then, and he was booed mercilessly every time he popped his head out of the dugout.  

Now with this second DUI business, on top of the already-questionable decision to rehire him, he’s once again very unpopular with White Sox fans.  I suspect he’ll get booed quite loudly at the park once again the way things are going, even if the team is successful.  

The irony is Reinsdorf sided with LaRussa over Caray and Piersall, and thought the fans treated LaRussa unfairly as a result.  I think with bringing LaRussa in to most probably preside over a White Sox championship or two, Reinsdorf figured he’d be providing him an opportunity to receive the love of the fan base that he never had the first time around.   

Looks like he probably figured wrong.  

Edited by Thad Bosley
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

So I guess this means that LaRussa is here to stay. I wonder if JR did anything to make those charges disappear?

Next year's baseball season is ruined for me. I'm not going to lie and say I won't watch, but I cannot root for TLR or Reinsdorf at this point.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Not to belittle the seriousness of this, but with it being dealt with, we know the Sox are moving forward with LaRussa.  The team made a good move with a pitching coach, and there are hints they could be active this winter.

Now we can (and should) focus on the team and what it will look like come spring.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Looks like being a hall of famer baseball person does have it's privileges.  

Hilarious that you think this is funny or cool. 

Yes, how great that rich and wealthy people like La Russa with billionaire friends don't actually have to follow the law and can endanger peoples lives with no repercussions. Get fvked for this one, harold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Something was odd with this case from the get go.   Wasn't the DA in intensive care when the charges were filed 9 months after the incident.

Lol. 

It was a fucking dui. He tested over the legal limit. Them getting off on a technicality doesn't change what happened. In fact its just more embarrassing now. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

You seem upset.  

100%. Tired of wealthy people and famous people and etc not having to follow the same legal system and laws that the majority do. Im glad you think that's cool. Maybe they'll toss you some scraps from the big boy table for all your water carrying.

Poor - go to jail.

Rich - get handys from weird guys like harold who would be going to jail of they did it. 

Hopefully your hero gives you the proper attention for all your hard work.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Hilarious that you think this is funny or cool. 

Yes, how great that rich and wealthy people like La Russa with billionaire friends don't actually have to follow the law and can endanger peoples lives with no repercussions. Get fvked for this one, harold.

Calm down, man. Harold made a tongue in cheek comment. You're smart enough to know he isn't actually in favor of tolerating drunk driving.

Edited by chitown87
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

You guys really need to watch DUI Lawyer on Youtube. Seems like these cases get dropped really often and this is why you refuse tests. 

This. I had three friends get DUI's in college (not saying I pick smart friends) but all 3 of them were dropped for different reasons ... basically it's very easy to get out of one. You pay like $5-10k and there's a way out. I'd guess he'll need to have a device in his car or something, go to a few classes, etc in exchange for drpped charges

2 minutes ago, chitown87 said:

Calm down, man. Harold made a tongue in cheek comment. You're smart enough to know he isn't actually in favor of tolerating drunk driving.

LOL wuht? Based on what?

He's been promoting this BS since day 1. He very clearly finds this funny and not to be a big deal. As do many old drunk dullards on the internet who have gone through their lives with no regard for others.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

100%. Tired of wealthy people and famous people and etc not having to follow the same legal system and laws that the majority do. Im glad you think that's cool. Maybe they'll toss you some scraps from the big boy table for all your water carrying.

Poor - go to jail.

Rich - get handys from weird guys like harold who would be going to jail of they did it. 

Hopefully your hero gives you the proper attention for all your hard work.

Yeah you mad. This is a baseball message board.  Go virtue signal on facebook.    

I'm upset even more now that the sox knew that Jerry pulled some strings and avoided it for nearly two days before that lame half statement. 
they should have had a press statement ready the second that this whole thing came to light. Instead the media and fans blasted them for 2 days. 

This reeks of Jerry's arrogance. 

3 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Yeah you mad. This is a baseball message board.  Go virtue signal on facebook.    

Yes, this makes me frustrated. I already said that. You realize "you mad?" doesn't work when the person states he's mad?

And virtue signal by asking people to be held accountable to same way others would be? OK, champ. 

I can post whatever i like here; just like you can post your nonsense over and over. 

Reflections on a Review of Studies on the Physical and Emotional Toll of Carrying  Water | Engineering For Change

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I'm upset even more now that the sox knew that Jerry pulled some strings and avoided it for nearly two days before that lame half statement. 
they should have had a press statement ready the second that this whole thing came to light. Instead the media and fans blasted them for 2 days. 

This reeks of Jerry's arrogance. 

I think this is too conspiracy ... if the sox were really trying to cover this up then they would've just waited the 10 days to get this dropped and nobody would be to the wiser. there was no rush to go get TLR. 

These things get pleaded out all the time. Pay $10k for a lawyer, get charges dropped, take a class, drive with a breathlyzer in your car for a year. No court during covid. saves everybody time/money. 

TLR - still a shitty human, but this is the way DUI's work a lot of the time.