La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

8 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Yeah you mad. This is a baseball message board.  Go virtue signal on facebook.    

I love when people convince themselves that other people don't care about legit issues to make them feel better about their own apathy.

One of the worst posts I've ever seen.

9 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

OK, just gotta say, if they are having this much of a problem even getting charges filed, they have no chance at making the charges stick.

Why do you say that? Just wondering because I have no idea how these things work. Sounds like they aren't dropping the charges. I hope he gets slammed for it. 

4 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Why do you say that? Just wondering because I have no idea how these things work. Sounds like they aren't dropping the charges. I hope he gets slammed for it. 

The more options you give the legal system to point to something not being right, the more chances you give it to get it thrown out. A right to a speedy trial is at the top of the list right now. I wonder if a double jeopardy argued might also come up.

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Ron Gant accused him of being a racist last century. He also named several black playershe claimed hated him.

Ron Gant was also not backed up by most of the players he allegedly cited as hating LaRussa for his racism. Rickey Henderson denied it and so did Dave Stewart for two. As I remember things, LaRussa believed that Ozzie was past his prime and believed that Royce Clayton was the better short-stop at the time and as I remember that, he was. Gant also wasn't hitting for shit and frequently got benched for defensive purposes back them.

Once again, It really easy for a black guy who gets benched to play the so and so is a racist card. Gant was hardly a prince of a fellow himself.

17 hours ago, chetkincaid said:

Did the White Sox ever say whose decision it was to fire Renteria? I mean did Hahn make the call to fire him and then was big timed by Reinsdorf with this LaRussa hiring?

Again decisions like these are all discussed between all the key decision makers. Firing RR was a group decision with RH, KW and JR the key decision makers . It is more than likely that JR was the driving force behind the TLR hiring and according to statements by Hahn and Williams it was discussed among the 3 of them and they made statements on that process where it appears that JR got his way because he has the most power among the 3. Publicly they have to show a united front and are all "pulling from the same rope. "

On 11/16/2020 at 8:47 PM, The Hawk said:

Ron Gant was also not backed up by most of the players he allegedly cited as hating LaRussa for his racism. Rickey Henderson denied it and so did Dave Stewart for two. As I remember things, LaRussa believed that Ozzie was past his prime and believed that Royce Clayton was the better short-stop at the time and as I remember that, he was. Gant also wasn't hitting for shit and frequently got benched for defensive purposes back them.

Once again, It really easy for a black guy who gets benched to play the so and so is a racist card. Gant was hardly a prince of a fellow himself.

He also apologized later.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gant-surrenders-in-war-of-words/

The reaching for a narrative by some members of this board is embarrassing.

22 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Embarrassing it a great word for those who are carrying TLR's water here, especially if you think Gant apologized because he meant it, and not because he would get blacklisted if he didn't.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Embarrassing it a great word for those who are carrying TLR's water here, especially if you think Gant apologized because he meant it, and not because he would get blacklisted if he didn't.

It must be nice to think you know everything when you really know nothing.

I don't know if Gant "really meant" his apology or if he truly felt TLR difficulties with him were the result of racism. I just know what both said publicly and if this spat is your best evidence of racism in his 41 years as a manager and 12 years as a player then it shows you aren't a serious person.

• Love 1

40 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

He stated it shouldn't have been public, not for the content of what he said. He never retracted anything he said.

"I said what was on my mind," Gant said. "I said some things that I shouldn't have. I apologize, and let's move on. We both have a job to do."

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

He stated it shouldn't have been public, not for the content of what he said. He never retracted anything he said.

"I said what was on my mind," Gant said. "I said some things that I shouldn't have. I apologize, and let's move on. We both have a job to do."

Yep, keep carrying the mail for the racist drunk.

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Again decisions like these are all discussed between all the key decision makers. Firing RR was a group decision with RH, KW and JR the key decision makers . It is more than likely that JR was the driving force behind the TLR hiring and according to statements by Hahn and Williams it was discussed among the 3 of them and they made statements on that process where it appears that JR got his way because he has the most power among the 3. Publicly they have to show a united front and are all "pulling from the same rope. "

We don't know this for a fact. For all we know Hahn and Kenny may have disliked the idea at first but were talked into it. Or maybe JR assured them he would allow them free reign to spend money this offseason and to make trades as they see fit to go along with the hiring of a Hall of Fame manager. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yep, keep carrying the mail for the racist drunk.

And keep making up shit to fuel your one man crusade.

For the record I didn't want TLR hired either but it's pathetic to watch certain posters try to smear with him as a racist mainly because they don't like his politics and it's important to note for the context of the story Henderson and stewart directly refuted his comments.

He also for the record had runs in with plenty of white players including Rolen, Ludwick, Kline, JD Drew, Rasmus, Reyes and Edmonds over benchings and playing time.

Edited by wrathofhahn

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

We don't know this for a fact. For all we know Hahn and Kenny may have disliked the idea at first but were talked into it. Or maybe JR assured them he would allow them free reign to spend money this offseason and to make trades as they see fit to go along with the hiring of a Hall of Fame manager. 

I never said it was a fact. I said "it appears". Free reign to spend lol good one !

59 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

And keep making up shit to fuel your one man crusade.

For the record I didn't want TLR hired either but it's pathetic to watch certain posters try to smear with him as a racist mainly because they don't like his politics and it's important to note for the context of the story Henderson and stewart directly refuted his comments.

He also for the record had runs in with plenty of white players including Rolen, Ludwick, Kline, JD Drew, Rasmus, Reyes and Edmonds over benchings and playing time.

When people show you who they are, you should believe them.  This is decades of this crap.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

When people show you who they are, you should believe them.  This is decades of this crap.

It also telling when people work so hard to ignore what is right in front of them. It's not hard to see what kind of a person LaRussa is, he's laid it out there since he started his managing career here.

I'm not surprised people have come around on the hire, I am surprised people are coming out to defend him as a person, although I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I never said it was a fact. I said "it appears". Free reign to spend lol good one !

I meant free reign to spend as in he will give them a budget and not butt in on who they sign. Or may be willing to go over budget if they show it will leader to a champion. And you did not say fact, but there is this notion in Sox nation that Hahn and Kenny had no input and are pissed to the point they may quit.

We don't know, yet it is presented as nearly a certainty. Just like the players are all angry and want to be traded, when in fact there is no evidence of them being upset.