La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

On 11/19/2020 at 11:03 AM, SonofaRoache said:

We don't know this for a fact. For all we know Hahn and Kenny may have disliked the idea at first but were talked into it. Or maybe JR assured them he would allow them free reign to spend money this offseason and to make trades as they see fit to go along with the hiring of a Hall of Fame manager. 

Paul Sullivan was on with Laurence Holmes and shared my opinion that Jerry was going to hire "his guy" regardless of what the Sox did in Oakland, and that it was made before the Cleveland series. I don't think Rick or Kenny had a say in the firing or hiring, and think Rick Renteria would have returned in 2021 if Jerry didn't intercede.

32:45-35:25 mark for discussion regarding the entire debacle.

https://www.radio.com/670thescore/podcasts/laurence-holmes-on-670-the-score-61/holmes-paul-sullivan-interview-hour-1-350531224

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Paul Sullivan was on with Laurence Holmes and shared my opinion that Jerry was going to hire "his guy" regardless of what the Sox did in Oakland, and that it was made before the Cleveland series. I don't think Rick or Kenny had a say in the firing or hiring, and think Rick Renteria would have returned in 2021 if Jerry didn't intercede.

32:45-35:25 mark for discussion regarding the entire debacle.

https://www.radio.com/670thescore/podcasts/laurence-holmes-on-670-the-score-61/holmes-paul-sullivan-interview-hour-1-350531224

thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Originally I had big plans for a lot of White Sox merch this Christmas,  until the TLR train wreck happened.  Instead this is my gift to myself.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/refurbished-powershot-g1-x-mark-iii

Last season was my first season being in a group for season tickets. Our money will roll over into next season but I would gladly take a refund if I could get one.

I hope the team wins but I can't be 100 percent all in like I was before TLR.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

So what does this mean?  Plea to a lesser charge?

I'm guessing that if he were facing any real consequences he wouldn't be changing his plea.  This feels to me like a move to take the slap on the wrist and close the matter.

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

No coincidence in my mind that news of a change of plea hearing and the formal coaching staff announcement happen on the same day.  We are stuck with TLR and it fucking sucks... 

The second the news broke that Tony called José and Tim, it was blatantly obvious nothing was going to happen.  

Edited by fathom

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

The second the news broke that Tony called José and Tim, it was blatantly obvious nothing was going to happen.  

Oh I know.  The sad reality is setting in now though.

Edited by SouthWallace

9 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

No coincidence in my mind that news of a change of plea hearing and the formal coaching staff announcement happen on the same day.  We are stuck with TLR and it fucking sucks... 

I hope to god that he'll only be here for a year. 

Actually I hope it doesn't make it through the year before a change is made. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

Hopefully after the legal stuff is finalized, they can make a statement that there will be zero tolerance with Tony and drinking and driving- as in: his days with ANY alcohol in his system and behind the wheel are over. 

That would be nice, but why would JR set up his bestie for failure like that?

10 minutes ago, flavum said:

Hopefully after the legal stuff is finalized, they can make a statement that there will be zero tolerance with Tony and drinking and driving- as in: his days with ANY alcohol in his system and behind the wheel are over. 

He already did that after his last DUI conviction. I have ZERO confidence in a single word LaRussa utters. He has never been SINCERE, and lifelong substance abusers who do not take the initiative to seek help regardless of how many times they are arrested have ZERO credibility.

Tony has had his lifelong enabler Jerry Reinsdorf ensure a steady income in MLB throughout his adult life. There is no reason or pressure for Tony to do the right thing and actually hold himself even remotely accountable for his own actions. He is an entitled obnoxious criminal hypocritical spoiled brat.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

9 minutes ago, flavum said:

They COULD have done something like this at any point.  There could have been some public statement or presser talking about what he has been doing to change his life or to make sure this wouldn't happen again.  Instead this cowardly organization hid behind the legal process.  The translation is they really don't care about what TLR has done, or what he might do in the future, otherwise they would have addressed it.