Baron

La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

It would be funny (not funny) if Tony got the DUI after leaving Reinsdorf’s house. 

“He seemed fine when he left.”

What a mess this is. So easy not to hire this guy, and yet here we are. Please step aside, Tony. 

If the team knew it and hired him anyway, he isn't going to step aside now. They wouldn't have hired him in the first place. I was against hiring him, that was before I knew he was a multiple DUI guy. He needs rehab. If he's sincere, it will help him.

It's all part of the plan. Reinsdorf is setting the marketing team up for the a wildly successful keychain breathalyzer night

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

i'll just say as a sox fan I'm getting really tired of loving my team DESPITE something. Just very tiring.

This is how I feel. One step forward, two steps back is how it always feels.

2 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

It's all part of the plan. Reinsdorf is setting the marketing team up for the a wildly successful keychain breathalyzer night

Reverse mortgages, medicare supplemental coverage, hard alcohol endorsements... the possibilities are endless.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

They will need a hands-on bench coach/ chauffeur to manage under Tony' guidance.

The White Sox sadly have announced the closure of Goose Island and the Craft Kave out of concern for Tony La Russa.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, pcq said:

They will need a hands-on bench coach/ chauffeur to manage under Tony' guidance.

Jung Ho Kang

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hopefully someone is making some discrete calls right now.

What if said candidates left prefer to avoid this dumpster fire organization? The pooch may have already been screwed.

Edited by RagahRagah

Just now, RagahRagah said:

What if said candidates left prefer to avoid this dumpster fire organization?

Then you move on. 

Look there are only 30 jobs like this in MLB.  Someone will take the job.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Then you move on. 

Agreed.  Especially given the young talent we have.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Then you move on. 

I hope you see my point, though. There definitely can and likely will be some consequences from the organization being this bush league and stupid. 

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

I hope you see my point, though. There definitely can and likely will be some consequences from the organization being this bush league and stupid. 

Of course.  It is why I didn't want to hire TLR even before the 2nd DUI came out.

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Reverse mortgages, medicare supplemental coverage, hard alcohol endorsements... the possibilities are endless.

This isn't my first rodeo.

1 hour ago, Saufley said:

Does Bruce Bochy seem like a safe choice? 

While Bochy is also an old school guy you never hear anyone have anything bad to say about him as a person. He is a class act. That alone makes him more qualified to be the new manager.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Then you move on. 

I would buy that but I don’t see why it would be Bochy unless he’s the highest paid manager in MLB afterwards.

Luckily i am not affected in any way by drunk drivers, but i can imagine the rage i would feel right now towards this org if someone i loved died because of one. Truly a disgusting act by both uncle jerry and larussa. 

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

Luckily i am not affected in any way by drunk drivers, but i can imagine the rage i would feel right now towards this org if someone i loved died because of one. Truly a disgusting act by both uncle jerry and larussa. 

Between this and apparently no words or collaboration between TLR and the players/coaches, this is just looking like a catastrophe.

10 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

And LaRussa was at Glenn Beck's anti-Obama rally in front of the Lincoln Memorial on the 47th anniversary of Dr. King's I Have a Dream speech.

At the time Tony did say that what you call an anti-Obama rally was not political.  Seriously.  (I know it was, you guys.)  In Tony's defense, none of us should fault the guy for being a Republican.  It's his right.

• Like 1

Does La Russa get booed if they let fan's in and they announce the team?

• Like 3

Not Steve Cishek also tweeted that various White Sox players and staffers are mortified by the TLR situation and some speculate that Giolito is likely to sign a contract extension now than he was before but we all know how credible Not Steve Cishek is. 

Edited by maloney.adam

4 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

At the time Tony did say that what you call an anti-Obama rally was not political.  Seriously.  (I know it was, you guys.)  In Tony's defense, none of us should fault the guy for being a Republican.  It's his right.

I’ll bet he also insisted he was fine to drive.

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I would buy that but I don’t see why it would be Bochy unless he’s the highest paid manager in MLB afterwards.

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Not Steve Cishek also tweeted that the players are being tight lipped about this but we all know how credible he is. Lol

Assuming any of this is true:

1) Yes, because the Tigers are dealing SOOOOO much scandal.

2) Leave Kenny and Rick holding the bag for a stupid ass decision is even more stupid ass.

3) "The promise to spend more was starting to outweigh this hire" - so La Russa's er...prestige?...was supposed to attract people?