La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think every single contact adds up.

Possibly. I don't think many fans will actually dump their season tickets due to this.

What will add up is if sponsors start dropping the team. Jerry Reinsdorf cares about $$$ more than anything. 

Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Possibly. I don't think many fans will actually dump their season tickets due to this.

What will add up is if sponsors start dropping the team. Jerry Reinsdorf cares about $$$ more than anything. 

Sox have sponsors left? :)

Just now, fathom said:

Why is this surprising?  They showed their hand last night, they’re not commenting because it’s ongoing.

I mean, they can say that but they're not attorney's nor do they work for the Phoenix PD so there's no reason why an ongoing investigation muzzles their ability to speak on it.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Why is this surprising?  They showed their hand last night, they’re not commenting because it’s ongoing.

Right, I'm not sure what people are waiting for. We've already heard everything the organization has to say. They're just hoping this won't be a topic of discussion when the season rolls around

Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Disagree, this is Jerry (and Tony) against the world now.  It’s a crappy feeling when it seems the owner despises the fan base.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Disagree, this is Jerry (and Tony) against the world now.  It’s a crappy feeling when it seems the owner despises the fan base.

It only took 7 years for that scenario to take down Paxson, so we only have 7 years to go.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I mean, they can say that but they're not attorney's nor do they work for the Phoenix PD so there's no reason why an ongoing investigation muzzles their ability to speak on it.

They don’t have to consider putting him on leave until the case is closed with there being no games.  They’re letting the legal process play out, as pathetic as it seems.

4 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Are you Not Steve Cishek and this new Al's account? The guy clearly made an account to parody the legitimate Portillos account/source. Why are we sharing what this account tweets?

No I’m not and btw I’m not going to stop sharing Al’s Cheesy Beef’s tweets just because you don’t like the tweets. Just joking, going forward I’ll just post PortillosHamburger tweets. 😉

Edited by maloney.adam

The crazy thing is it's not like this is the end of the controversy - it's the beginning.  This is not just fading away, it will rear its head again at the end of the proceeding.  "Wait it out" is all well and good if Tony beats the charge, but what if he doesn't?  Remember - this isn't a case where there's merely a breathalyzer refusal.  The police obtained a subpoena to draw his blood.  After obtaining (and presumably testing) his blood they decided to bring charges.  It doesn't look particularly good for TLR.  If they're going to hire him no matter what (which seems likely) they should just announce it now rather than letting this linger for months.

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

The crazy thing is it's not like this is the end of the controversy - it's the beginning.  This is not just fading away, it will rear its head again at the end of the proceeding.  "Wait it out" is all well and good if Tony beats the charge, but what if he doesn't?  Remember - this isn't a case where there's merely a breathalyzer refusal.  The police obtained a subpoena to draw his blood.  After obtaining (and presumably testing) his blood they decided to bring charges.  It doesn't look particularly good for TLR.  If they're going to hire him no matter what (which seems likely) they should just announce it now rather than letting this linger for months.

Eventually TMZ is going to get an arrest video from this and I’ve got a bet with my wife that the next big thing is him doing a Mel Gibson.

My wife bet in reply that it will turn out he did a Judge Roy Moore and that will leak out next.