Jump to content
Baron

La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

If that happens, who would you want them to hire?

Bochy was my first choice. Sandy Alomar is worth a look. Sam Fuld is a rising talent.

The other ironic thing is I received my season ticket invoices a few days ago with a 10% increase??? Really? After the 2005 series I think they raised prices 7%. Ballsy move.

Edited by palehose1
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I predict Tony leaves with regrets for putting JR in this awkward situation.  No coaches being hired is a tell IMO.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reality is the acceptable list of managers for me was sooo freakin long this whole thing is just remarkable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, demonbluess said:

Honest question, you take Fuld or Harris over Renteria in a vacuum?

 

 

Idk, probably not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

If he wasn't completely upfront about what happened I would imagine they could get out of it.  Its possible TLR said he was arrested, but wasn't drunk, and expected it to get thrown out.

He was charged with DUI the day before hire. And with the time lapse between the incident and hire, I would have imagine Sox could have asked for his arrest details and gotten the BAC. I think Sox has the full scoop when he was hired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bmags said:

The reality is the acceptable list of managers for me was sooo freakin long this whole thing is just remarkable.

It's so long the guy they fired is an enormous improvement!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, poppysox said:

I predict Tony leaves with regrets for putting JR in this awkward situation.  No coaches being hired is a tell IMO.

I agree this is how this turns out. Jerrys arrogance underestimated the blowback considerably

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, poppysox said:

I predict Tony leaves with regrets for putting JR in this awkward situation.  No coaches being hired is a tell IMO.

I get that but they all knew it before he took the job. If he was pulled over the other day, it makes total sense.

i think the heat will cool down a little bit. If it doesn’t, he might quit, but will probably site something else for the decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

I get that but they all knew it before he took the job. If he was pulled over the other day, it makes total sense.

i think the heat will cool down a little bit. If it doesn’t, he might quit, but will probably site something else for the decision.

I really, really don't think they did, maybe Jerry did, but I doubt the org did

Edited by mqr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our Chicago White Sox are the laughingstock of baseball. Someone within the organization and the ownership group has to step forward. In my wildest dreams I never imagined it could get this bad!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saufley said:

Our Chicago White Sox are the laughingstock of baseball. Someone within the organization and the ownership group has to step forward. In my wildest dreams I never imagined it could get this bad!

Which is why we cant just sit back anymore. This is a slap in the face to us fans and those who had to deal with drunk driving. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Our Chicago White Sox are the laughingstock of baseball. Someone within the organization and the ownership group has to step forward. In my wildest dreams I never imagined it could get this bad!

Wait until he benches Timmy on Opening Day for kneeling 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I predict Tony leaves with regrets for putting JR in this awkward situation.  No coaches being hired is a tell IMO.

This is my thinking, too.  No coaches being hired was really surprising until this came out.  Now it makes sense.

The amount of negative press this is getting plus the 100% fan outrage has got to resonate with the club.  There's no silver lining to this, there's no saving face, there's nothing they can do to make the fans feel better except let him go.

If he does go, he'll resign and say he needs to "work on himself" or some nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Uh...i think the story is that if a black guy did at a traffic stop, the cop would have his gun drawn and beat the hell out of him.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we should just be happy about this instead.

Think about it: Ozzie and his b**** kid was an absolute disaster the last 1-2 years here.  So they fired him and guess what?  They hired Robin and somehow managed to get even worse.

Then they finally fired Robin after they didnt have a shot to win anything anymore.  They brought in RR.  I'd say it was an improvement, but marginal.

Then they fire Ricky and once again somehow manage to get even worse.

If they fire TLR or "encourage" TLR to resign, do not necessarily assume they will have a logical hiring decision in their back pocket.  It's the Sox, remember that.  Do not think they cannot make a follow up decision that -- even if it seems better on the surface immediately like the Ventura hire seemed -- will have Sox fans looking back on the move midseason going "We should have just kept LaRussa instead."

Do not expect the Sox to make more than a marginal improvement even if they replace TLR.  Do not be surprised if they make an even worse decision.  And no matter what, do not expect them to undergo a properly thorough search and interview process.  And do not expect them to hire a candidate who is unanimously viewed by the media as qualified.  

And expect TLR to keep his money and whoever replaces him to be working on the cheap.

Yall know i am speaking the truth. 

  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we to believe that Rick Renteria wasnt 2 sheets to the wind most games? It is the only explanation for some of the managerial moves he made.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Maybe Al’s Cheesy Beef will be named the new bench coach.

My vote is for Portillos but definitely not Schins look at this lol

 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Orlando
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Maybe we should just be happy about this instead.

Think about it: Ozzie and his b**** kid was an absolute disaster the last 1-2 years here.  So they fired him and guess what?  They hired Robin and somehow managed to get even worse.

Then they finally fired Robin after they didnt have a shot to win anything anymore.  They brought in RR.  I'd say it was an improvement, but marginal.

Then they fire Ricky and once again somehow manage to get even worse.

If they fire TLR or "encourage" TLR to resign, do not necessarily assume they will have a logical hiring decision in their back pocket.  It's the Sox, remember that.  Do not think they cannot make a follow up decision that -- even if it seems better on the surface immediately like the Ventura hire seemed -- will have Sox fans looking back on the move midseason going "We should have just kept LaRussa instead."

Do not expect the Sox to make more than a marginal improvement even if they replace TLR.  Do not be surprised if they make an even worse decision.  And no matter what, do not expect them to undergo a properly thorough search and interview process.  And do not expect them to hire a candidate who is unanimously viewed by the media as qualified.  

And expect TLR to keep his money and whoever replaces him to be working on the cheap.

Yall know i am speaking the truth. 

This is why I pushed back on the idea that Ricky Renteria was the last obstacle and NEEDED to be fired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I get that but they all knew it before he took the job. If he was pulled over the other day, it makes total sense.

i think the heat will cool down a little bit. If it doesn’t, he might quit, but will probably site something else for the decision.

I think JR underestimated the blowback he is getting.  If this was a more normal hire...I doubt this would have become such a big deal.  TL was such a controversial hire that this pushes it over the edge for many of us who were at first accepting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Maybe we should just be happy about this instead.

Think about it: Ozzie and his b**** kid was an absolute disaster the last 1-2 years here.  So they fired him and guess what?  They hired Robin and somehow managed to get even worse.

Then they finally fired Robin after they didnt have a shot to win anything anymore.  They brought in RR.  I'd say it was an improvement, but marginal.

Then they fire Ricky and once again somehow manage to get even worse.

If they fire TLR or "encourage" TLR to resign, do not necessarily assume they will have a logical hiring decision in their back pocket.  It's the Sox, remember that.  Do not think they cannot make a follow up decision that -- even if it seems better on the surface immediately like the Ventura hire seemed -- will have Sox fans looking back on the move midseason going "We should have just kept LaRussa instead."

Do not expect the Sox to make more than a marginal improvement even if they replace TLR.  Do not be surprised if they make an even worse decision.  And no matter what, do not expect them to undergo a properly thorough search and interview process.  And do not expect them to hire a candidate who is unanimously viewed by the media as qualified.  

And expect TLR to keep his money and whoever replaces him to be working on the cheap.

Yall know i am speaking the truth. 

I don’t know who would be a worse pick. Seemingly there’s one person in the whole organization that wants him there. The players don’t like it, the front office doesn’t like it and the fans hate it.  I’m not sure who else would have been so negatively received.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t know who would be a worse pick. Seemingly there’s one person in the whole organization that wants him there. The players don’t like it, the front office doesn’t like it and the fans hate it.  I’m not sure who else would have been so negatively received.

Someone like another Robin who has no experience and also turns out to be a totally shitty manager.  At least TLR has experience. 

Seriously, if TLR resigned, tell me how shocked you would be on a 1-10 scale where 10 is completely shocked and 1 is greatly expected if the Sox immediately hired Paulie and then he turned into Robin part 2.

I'd actually take TLR over Robin.  Seriously.

Edit: i know what you are saying about immediate perception but the thing is we all care most about what they have done for us lately.  The nicest guy in the world managing a bullpen like his skull is a box of rocks is going to get bad very quickly.  And ultimately would be worse.  Unless of course Drinky LaRussa actually kills someone with his behavior, in which case thats worse.

Edited by YourWhatHurts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Orlando said:

My vote is for Portillos but definitely not Schins look at this lol

 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×