La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

The Sox either did not know and Jerry is not letting his guy go down like this or they did know and thought it would not leak or blow up. Even if Jerry doesn’t care, if people make enough noise they will have no choice but to fire him. 

The article says they knew.

• Thanks 1

In all seriousness, getting two DUIs after age 65 - it's hard to believe this isn't a problem. Either he's drinking alone or around a bunch of alcoholic friends that aren't telling him about these things invented 120 years ago called "cabs" (let alone the recent improvements).

And beyond that, JR owes his employees an apology. Many are in jobs that are true charms, but lots of pressure and have really been working toward total alignment toward winning.

And he stepped around that in an "I know better than you" move, pissing over their work.

That's what would happen with normal people.

The white sox will feign offense, use the criticism as proof that only they are right and every critique is hysterical, and steer the tank into a minefield. But these are some damn good players, so we'll see if it even matters. The fuckin mets made it to a world series.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just to note - February was also the month where he did these interviews, where he said the principles of military leadership were brought with him into baseball and that's why he couldn't support them kneeling. So these were a few days apart.

http://www.grahambensinger.com/index.php/episode-guide-2/episode-archive-2/tony-la-russa/

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Unbelievable.

I don’t agree. Totally believable with Jerry Reinsdorf and Tony LaRussa involved.

The White Sox could literally have dozens of better candidates wanting to manage, setting aside Tony’s habitual criminal behavior, yet Jerry demanded Hahn fire Renteria and hire this disgusting drunken scumbag.

If LaRussa is managing the team to start the season, I literally hope they lose every single game until this criminal piece of shit is flushed down the toilet. 

And don’t pay this racist drunk driving asshole a penny, pull the professional conduct clause and terminate him immediately, if not sooner.

Regime change begins at home. RESIGN IMMEDIATELY JERRY REINSDORF, YOU HAVE LOST ANY SHRED OF MORAL AUTHORITY TO LEAD THIS ORGANIZATION FOR ONE SECOND FURTHER.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I don’t agree. Totally believable with Jerry Reinsdorf and Tony LaRussa involved.

The White Sox could literally have dozens of better candidates wanting to manage, setting aside Tony’s habitual criminal behavior, yet Jerry demanded Hahn fire Renteria and hire this disgusting drunken scumbag.

If LaRussa is managing the team to start the season, I literally hope they lose every single game until this criminal piece of shit is flushed down the toilet.

Why would you want things to go poorly for the players who have worker their asses off and done nothing wrong? Weird take.

Besides all the jokes and obvious issues with this as far as the team he needs to get help. Seems like this has all been in his late stage of life. Obviously the people hes going out with arent too smart letting him drive home. Take an Uber or public transportation. Shit take an Uber to the bar and get shit faced and take one back home. 

• Thanks 1