Jump to content
Baron

La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Why not?  

Just think it will be a slow offseason with owners trying to be cheap and recoup some of the lost revenue. Didn’t we sign Grandal right around Thanksgiving and everyone was shocked he signed so quickly? Unless it’s an overpay I don’t think any big names are going to sign until the winter meetings which go 6-10 December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Why not?  

He’s not going to just go plead guilty. The first appearance will be if there is enough probable cause to suspend his license. This will be dragged out in court for several months, maybe a year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Just think it will be a slow offseason with owners trying to be cheap and recoup some of the lost revenue. Didn’t we sign Grandal right around Thanksgiving and everyone was shocked he signed so quickly? Unless it’s an overpay I don’t think any big names are going to sign until the winter meetings which go 6-10 December.

Fair enough, I thought you meant they wouldn’t sign anyone until the case is resolved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, the illusion that the outcome of this case matters one bit to Jerry.

  • Fire 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bmags said:

Ah, the illusion that the outcome of this case matters one bit to Jerry.

Yep, he could have been convicted last month and Jerry would have still hired him. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

For real

If we could go back to after game 3 in Oakland, knowing what would become... I doubt anyone here would have opted against keeping Ricky compared to this farce.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hi8is said:

If we could go back to after game 3 in Oakland, knowing what would become... I doubt anyone here would have opted against keeping Ricky compared to this farce.

I'll second that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bmags said:

Ah, the illusion that the outcome of this case matters one bit to Jerry.

Spot on.  They will hide behind excuses and pretend the outcome might matter, but we already know it won't.  They've had nearly 48 hours to wash their hands of the situation and its obvious that they are standing by TLR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They make it seem like if he gets found guilty, he will be fired (which he won’t). Why wait until after the case? That’s stupid. Case happens and he ends up found guilty and what can they say then? Drunk driving is bad? Why can’t you say it now and calm your fan base down. Idiotic 

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Orlando said:

They make it seem like if he gets found guilty, he will be fired

Who makes it seem like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bmags said:

 

That twitter post is fire, like gatherings at Tony LaRussa's house.

tumblr_muxavjBpEK1s2w5zfo1_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

He’s not going to just go plead guilty. The first appearance will be if there is enough probable cause to suspend his license. This will be dragged out in court for several months, maybe a year.

Nah. Not in a DUI case. This will be over in a couple of days once the case comes to court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Orlando said:

They make it seem like if he gets found guilty, he will be fired (which he won’t). Why wait until after the case? That’s stupid. Case happens and he ends up found guilty and what can they say then? Drunk driving is bad? Why can’t you say it now and calm your fan base down. Idiotic 

Because they hope adding George Springer will temper emotions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another ridiculous aspect that people have touched (aside from the obvious distraction for the team) is that hiring his coaching staff will likely get delayed by this. It shows the complete and utter selfishness and arrogance that is Tony La Russa. This is NOT good for the team. If he or Reinsdorf have a damn about what is best for the White Sox, Tony would step down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

They are under no such obligation.  They choose not to resolve this now. 

I agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Another ridiculous aspect that people have touched (aside from the obvious distraction for the team) is that hiring his coaching staff will likely get delayed by this. It shows the complete and utter selfishness and arrogance that is Tony La Russa. This is NOT good for the team. If he or Reinsdorf have a damn about what is best for the White Sox, Tony would step down.

Selfishness and arrogance of Jerry you mean, again if you go back to the press conference Tony said Jerry was the one to approach him first. Jerry challenged him to come back. This is Jerry’s doing and Jerry’s doing only. It’s a huge mess that I hope frankly blows up so horribly  in the chairman’s face. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

They are under no such obligation.  They choose not to resolve this now. 

Nah, they just want to outlast the fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, hi8is said:

If we could go back to after game 3 in Oakland, knowing what would become... I doubt anyone here would have opted against keeping Ricky compared to this farce.

Yep. Never thought I would Have said this, and this was pre dui......now factor in the dui and it’s laughable......

but hey that’s okay tho Bobby nightengale said it might get reduced from dui to dwi which is apparently a better scenario 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×